Tuning turbocharging

Currently reading:
Tuning turbocharging

might want to go prod the cinq section with that one. There was a kit I believe for turbocharging the cinq sporting which is the 1108 fire engine so can't be a million miles away from fitting if you want to go down that route. Or you could do 'the usual' and start looking for a punto 1.2 16v conversion...

Panda box is a lot easier for installation, for high speeds though you would be better with a punto box. this does require new mounts to be made for it to fit. it also may cause problems if you have a pre 93 panda. I think the punto uses cable linkages and the panda uses rods so it would cause problems.

For Turbo i'd advise a 8v engine, NA 16v with l;arger cams proted heads, it may be easier and more fun to drive day to day.

have you kept original in urs? how much have you spent on ur panda roughly?
:D
Very tricky to answer since I don't keep a book and I buy big parts and use a little then sell on rest. But...

Crashed Punto with the engine in - £700 minus £1000 parts and car re-sold = -£300
Y10 bought for parts - £350 minus £150 car re-sold = £200
Exhaust manifold - £150
Coils and dampers - £300

There is probably a few other little things, but I have made it all mostly from the bits of Punto and Y10 otherwise.

When I first put the engine in, I had a running car for a profit, including buying the car! Lots of time spent working out how to fit bits in and wire it all up though.

I put the gearbox from the Punto in BTW. Only done 3000 miles so couldn't resist.

so that would be the punto 1.2 8v engine? how much wud u want for the manifold?:slayer:

it would fit a 1.2 8v punto engine yes, it was up for sale on classifieds here but i forgot to renew it :eek:

this is it fitted to my cinqucento when it had a 1242 8v punto engine

rad_test_fit.jpg

I want £65 for it, since that picture it has been painted in high temp satin black paint. (please no more buy / sell talk in this thread, if it wasn't on the mobile then i'd relist the classified add!)

Very tricky to answer since I don't keep a book and I buy big parts and use a little then sell on rest. But...

Crashed Punto with the engine in - £700 minus £1000 parts and car re-sold = -£300
Y10 bought for parts - £350 minus £150 car re-sold = £200
Exhaust manifold - £150
Coils and dampers - £300

There is probably a few other little things, but I have made it all mostly from the bits of Punto and Y10 otherwise.

When I first put the engine in, I had a running car for a profit, including buying the car! Lots of time spent working out how to fit bits in and wire it all up though.

I put the gearbox from the Punto in BTW. Only done 3000 miles so couldn't resist.
that is very impressive may just make mine a running project if i can get an engine that will fit rite in i will, and keep panda box save hard work and hasel...hve u kept original breaks do they stop the car?

My car was a Selecta, so has the upgrade brakes with a servo as standard. I overhauled them and they are adequate as I have added no real weight in the conversion (749Kg on the local weighbridge) and they were designed to stop a heavier car. I think if I had anything less than my brake set-up I would think about upgrading if you intend to drive fast.

BTW, I work less than 10 miles from you near Kimbolton.

ohh really what u do there ive driven through it but never seen much...

so if i were to get a 1.2 punto engine would it gain me much power/speed and would you recommend uprating breaks?:)

oh rite sounds good (y)

so i could use punto breaks or just some new pads and new disks? my panda will do 95ish tops so would you think it would give it about 10-15 mph extra top?

15 on top of 95 would be 110... not unless you drive it off a cliff!!:eek: But if you want to be accelerating faster out of corners (don't we all?) then defo more power!!

We're never gonna be evo/impreza quick but through the tight b roads is where it counts! :D

Luke.

Back