turbo or supercharger??

Currently reading:
turbo or supercharger??

@ dan

do you know of anyone who has done it?
if the 3.0 fits the 3.2 should do too, i think! ;)

how much do you recon it would cost to do, engine, labour etc. they make about 240bhp as standard i think. have to upgrade brakes etc too!! more power more problems! :)

you want to speak to Lee (sheario) as he was the one that told me about someone in Lincoln attempting to do the conversion...on a 1.2 :s

...And it was our own Mr Tom who told me about it ;)

sigpic11770_1.gif

Skate2create & Psykee-Lea

on a 1.2????

seems a bit odd, i would feel a bit safer doing it on a hgt, so no need for disk conversions etc.. :)

@allan..come summer i will look into this more dont have the time or money atm and definatly aint doing it in the cold :). Thing is my car should be between 370-400bhp once lump is back in, i wonder if 4x4 can take that?? probably can but image if i fit then take it out and it breaks, i would be heart broken... I feel a one way ticket to italy coming on this summer :) ;) or maybe pick one up when i go le mans, if there is one in france. Those degras actually looked quite nice :( if i could get one back for around £1500 i might do it, but then that means i can not get my alfa jtd :( choices choices :( :( Dam you Alan.

@karl.. the v6s do go (look for a 155, very cheap and all parts "should" fit), but then you will have a very very nose heavy car, more so then with the coupe lump, you could possibly have problems with electrics when it comes to the 2 loams joining. Cost of fitting, well you need to find someone willing to take it on, not many garages do stuff like that, and if they do they are normally mega bucks!

Then come breaks like you said, brembos arent bolt on, would be easier to just get a complete 155 for £200 and use those breaks aswell, more pots doesnt always mean more power (although it normally does) if the 155 single pots stop a 155 with a v6 they will stop a bravo :)

2xHLX owner,3xHGT, (then the darkside) 1xCoupe20vt now the proud owner of a Black Coupe20vt LE!

the alfa V6 lump is lighter than the HGT block

its block is ali as well as the head.
The hgt is ali and iron.

Dan

sigpic11770_1.gif

Skate2create & Psykee-Lea

why is there no easy way to more power with my hgt!!!!!1 :) :) :)

ok lets make a list

alfa v6 up front(maybe with AutoDelta bits)
roll cage and stripped interior in the middle
Rwd (god knows how!) at the back
Yellow paint on the outside

total cost
must............dial....9.....9......9......
uuurrrrrrrr........................... :)

i can think of one reason to put a v6 in my bravo

the chrome intake mamifold.ummmmmmmm :)

buy one ready done :D
or buy a coupe 20vt. you only need 2 or 3k to get a good one!

Buzz
The champion of the Bravo 1.4 & now ex owner of a Bravo 1.8

Member Page

re

I'd drive the carlos sainz degra everyday if i wasnt so worried about costs if something brakes! lol

Allan

@ buzz

know of anyone selling one or anyone i could talk too bout it???

how the hell did i miss this thread... ive been thinking about a 4x4 turbo bravo since i got the wee blighter and if it hadnt been for a few unforseen circumstances i would already have snapped allans hand off for his motor ;)

thing is i'm a bit of a regular retro car/practical performance car reader and the things you see in there really blow your head off in terms of both complexity of engineering and sheer bloody mindedness of "i WILL get that engine in that car". but then not all of us have either endlessly deep pockets or an engineering past/full blown workshop in our back garden. i just wish i had that sort of vision/skill/money to pull such a project off... but if they can do it why cant one of us lot!

i seem to vaguely remember a company displaying a pug 306 gti which they had converted to 4wd, just wish i'd paid more attention to see what they had done (bespoke parts or "off the shelf" splitter boxes)

someone please make one...

jaytagnew.jpg

http://www.geogreeting.com/view.html?zes3Jepv+vO3jHJy+!8mAXb+OD

dont worry i read ppc too!! Thats how i get these silly ideas! :) thing is i want it to be a complete package that could be used everyday.

ill build one if everyone chips in!!!!!!
or run off to mexico! :)

well if i ever do it its gona be different.

i like the idea of an alfa v6 in the front.
lighter than the 20v says skate2create, and i trust him.................sumtimes :)

now the problem is to try 4x4 or just RWD, both have pros and cons.

think i need to find sum1 to speak to about it in detail and make a game plan!

The peugeot conversion, though im not certain, should be a lot simpler. The transfer box and axles should just come straight off an Mi16 peugeot 405. As you can see above theres no easy option doner cars around to do a similar thing on a Bravo....shame.

But hey the challenge is there...someone do it...please!

The box will fit and work on the 20VT although not easy in fact it's a pig of a job but the problem is simpler than that. It will NOT take to amount of torque that I run. No matter how you try and upgrade the box by strengthening the casing and using stronger gears the actual design of the box and rear diff is pants in comparison to the power from a 20VT. This is why no one bothers to do the conversion as you'll be going through boxes week in week out. The fact is for me I need a better box that's why I either have to get a custom one made (very expensive) or hope the new range of FIAT/ALFA can handle my torque.

im gona try it one day! im gona be taking the bus to my new job (starting friday) so should save sum money that way. and all the extra ot

ive just started marshalling too so gona see if there anything i get from that too.

:)

how many people wud wana do it then?

also thinking about it ive seen sum bravo rally cars but they may just be fwd but gona see what i can find anyway!

sounds like its gona cost a bomb! even if you find all the parts to start with! :(

re

I'm sure you know better than me J but i could of sworn someone told me the dedra box was stronger than the coupe one as older cars over engineered etc etc?

still has the viscous drive etc?

does anyone know of any companies or tuners that could do this or even to ask if they could help point you in the right direction?