Tuning & Modifiying section - Poll.

Currently reading:
Tuning & Modifiying section - Poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are seperate sections on the site to talk about ICE, Bodywork, Satellite Navigation, Security etc. but there's no specific section for those that like to tune/modify their cars to swop idea's, info and show off their creations. I know many on here(myself included) consider Blue Neons and dustbin sized exhaust pipes a waste of time but many others like these things so how about we give them an area to play in, might visit it myself if some serious tuners use the area(remaps, turbo upgrades etc.). Many modifications are universal and not model specific so I think a Tuning & Modifying section would be benificial to like minded members.

Do you think the site should have a Tuning & Modifying section.

1. Yes
2. No
3. Don't Care.

Last edited:
Mean while.
The Alfa Forum has a great "Tuning & Upgrade" section, as some Fiat and Alfa models use the same engines and parts its deffinately worth a look, especially if your a JTD owner. I'm not into tuning but some of the things they've managed to do is amazing.

Here, take a look.
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/tuning-and-upgrades

Edit.
You'll notice there's quite a few Fiat owners use the forum, probabely because its easy to find the info they want.
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/tuning-and-upgrades/291964-fiat-stilo-jtd-with-gt2256v.html

am i missing something?
most of the threads in tuning and upgrades seem to relate to model specific upgrades
so why would a punto/stilo etc owner not want to post in their model specific forum?

Because they cant find the info they want here ... :rolleyes:

in what way?
a forum filled with model specific posts but all mixed together vs a model specific forum with the very same information......all mixed together
I dont know what the rolleyes smiley is for
are we supposed to tow the line in your thinking or you have a tantrum?
It was a question you seem unable to answer
have another try

in what way?
a forum filled with model specific posts but all mixed together vs a model specific forum with the very same information......all mixed together
I dont know what the rolleyes smiley is for
are we supposed to tow the line in your thinking or you have a tantrum?
It was a question you seem unable to answer
have another try

Firstly your question makes no sence, the Alfa forum has tuning info in an easy to find section, the Fiat forum does not. So how is info mixed up? :confused:

Secondly the smiley was there to show sarcasm.

Thirdly the the reason Punto/Stilo etc. owners use the Alfa forum is because tuning info is easy to find, because it has its own section.

And last and not least
TOW THE LINE OR I'LL THROW A TANTRUM ... :p

Last edited:
you mean that one stilo thread you linked to?
the first page on the Alfa tuning section is all Alfa
so all tuning posts go in the tuning section?

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-147-156-and-gt/260297-alfa-147-2-0ts-performance-upgrade.html

how is a thread on say tuning a punto easier to find in a general tuning section vs the punto section?

The link you supplied is to the "Technical Assistance" section not the Tuning and Upgrades section. :confused:

Someone tuning a Punto would look for tuning info thats relevant to his engine, for example - JTD. By having all the tuning info in one place its easier for that person to find info relating to the JTD. The JTD engine is used in many models and tuners swop and change parts. Here on the Fiat forum the person tuning the punto is forced to search different model sections to try and find any tuning info relating to his engine. On the Alfa forum a simple search of the Tuning section brings up everything JTD related regardless of model.

Surely the fact that Fiat owners feel it necessary to use the Alfa forum suggests the Fiat forum either lacks the info they want or its difficult to find.

Last edited:
The link you supplied is to the "Technical Assistance" section not the Tuning and Upgrades section. :confused:.

That's his point i believe, even though they have a tuning section not all tuning threads are posted in it!

Someone tuning a Punto would look for tuning info thats relevant to his engine, for example - JTD. By having all the tuning info in one place its easier for that person to find info relating to the JTD. The JTD engine is used in many models and tuners swop and change parts. Here on the Fiat forum the person tuning the punto is forced to search different model sections to try and find any tuning info relating to his engine. On the Alfa forum a simple search of the Tuning section brings up everything JTD related regardless of model.

Surely the fact that Fiat owners feel it necessary to use the Alfa forum suggests the Fiat forum either lacks the info they want or its difficult to find.

As said before, how do you prefix that? i also believe you have been asked this too and failed to supply an answer! Not all engines are specific to one car ! So if some one is looking to tune a 1.2 F.I.R.E engine what prefix do they search for? Because if memory serves me right the F.I.R.E engine is used in a at least 4 different cars (as said before regarding the 2.0l 20v engine)

So even though tuning gets it's own section you are still going to have to search through that section for all the different makes of cars! How is that any easier or harder than what people have to do now?

That's his point i believe, even though they have a tuning section not all tuning threads are posted in it!

As said before, how do you prefix that? i also believe you have been asked this too and failed to supply an answer! Not all engines are specific to one car ! So if some one is looking to tune a 1.2 F.I.R.E engine what prefix do they search for? Because if memory serves me right the F.I.R.E engine is used in a at least 4 different cars (as said before regarding the 2.0l 20v engine)

So even though tuning gets it's own section you are still going to have to search through that section for all the different makes of cars! How is that any easier or harder than what people have to do now?

I didn't fail to supply an answer, the Alfa forums Tuning & Modifiying section doesn't use prefixes(they dont work).

It just has a standard search function. If your looking for tuning info relating to a 1.2 F.I.R.E engine then thats what you search for. You want tuning info relating to a JTD then thats what you search for. Simple isn't it. (y)

Last edited:

:bang: no the prefix works the other way around if some one has tunned their punto its prefixed punto so it show up in that section for people in that section who just want to have a read about puntos. not search tuning section by prefix

If some one was was looking for tuning a 1.2 fire 8v then all they have to do is look through one section for that engine.
like for me i would just look for bigger turbo 1.9 jtd 16v in one section and get all results for that engine no matter if its fitted to a croma a stilo or any thing else and get the results. atm its to much hassle most of us go look at gm forums instead some of them even have sections for just engine type.

T

As for a new Tuning section - as Venters said. There was one - no one used it, so we got rid of it, created the "Tuning" prefix and made "Tech Talk" a forum instead.

it wasn't given a fair chance, them that would have used it when they got used to it are still posting and chatting to others about tuning just not on FF

I didn't fail to supply an answer, the Alfa forums Tuning & Modifiying section doesn't use prefixes(they dont work).

It just has a standard search function. If your looking for tuning info relating to a 1.2 F.I.R.E engine then thats what you search for. You want tuning info relating to a JTD then thats what you search for. Simple isn't it. (y)

You can surely do this by clicking
Search > Advanced Search > [Keyword(s)] 1.2 F.I.R.E. > [Prefix] Tuning.

I fail to see why a dedicated section would help, unless someone hadn't prefixed their thread. And if someone cannot click a button to choose the topic of their thread correctly, would you trust their advise?

You can surely do this by clicking
Search > Advanced Search > [Keyword(s)] 1.2 F.I.R.E. > [Prefix] Tuning.

I fail to see why a dedicated section would help, unless someone hadn't prefixed their thread. And if someone cannot click a button to choose the topic of their thread correctly, would you trust their advise?

The following errors occurred with your search:
Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

Hmm, i believe i can solve this issue for everyone!

I for one am in agreement about the Tuning and Modifying section! However not to the way that people would think so!.

I'm quite familliar with the split layout on Micra.org.uk, we have General Chat, Tuning, Body and Aesthetics, and another section.

Since Fiatforum is setup so nicely with a prefixing system, and that people don't really want to specify the different filters,

Why not just link a Hyperlinked piece of text under the model of car called Tuning and Modifying which automatically calls on the tuning prefix as well as sets a very broad setting for search parameters so that the forum/next page calls up all threads with associated with the currect car you have selected the hyperlink from? can anyone see what i mean here?

Don't know if this is plain stupid, but trying to make it as easy and clean as possible :p.

You constantly fail to provide an answer, unless you count just repeating "they don't work" it an explanation of why they don't work.

Also you can already search the all car model using the search function anyway.

You constantly fail to provide an answer, unless you count just repeating "they don't work" it an explanation of why they don't work.

Also you can already search the all car model using the search function anyway.

If the Fiat Forum Prefix and Search function work so well why do Fiat owners find it necessary to look on other sites for the info they require?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back