Trying to keep my panda alive!

Currently reading:
Trying to keep my panda alive!

TEX THE PANDAY

WHAT..... ANOTHER PANDA!
Hi, just joined the fiat forum and didn't quite realize there was this many panda fans. I am just trying to keep my panda (TEX) alive for another year and stop it from becoming extinct, but it doesn't do itself any favours by rotting the bottom of its doors so that I can't repair them again. So now I face the mammoth task of trying to locate a pair of doors.:(
I tried a cinq sporting 5 years the pandas junior but still couldn't bring myself to scrap my little panda and so sold the cinq after 3 months and am back on the panda project!:bang: I don't know what it is about these little cars but the way to sum them up is 2 words "marmite cars"(you either love them or hate them). I love it but my girlfriend hates it.
Anyway enough of my up hill battle Hope to speak to you all soon, James(y)

welcome :wave:

I posted up a good salvage place in york, which always seem to have one or two pandas in, the stock also changes so keep an eye on it :)

Welcome, have a nosey at the Panda section and say hello over there. The bottoms of the doors do rot, but it's usually repairable unless you leave it very late.

The drivers door on my Panda 750 was rotten, but I just ground out the rot, filled it, sanded it and sprayed it and it looks very acceptable now.

Drivers_Door_Rust.JPG

Drivers_Door_Holes.JPG

Drivers_Door_Ready_to_Prime_and_Spray.JPG

Driver_Door_Finished.jpg

Thanks for replying to my posting(y) , I am going to try simpsons tomorrow and failing that Im going to have a go at filling them again:bang: . I did it last year but I fear that they might be beyond repair as the rot has started to make its way up the edge of the door and the inner of the door and the outer skin have started to separate and I think someone has had a go at them before as the doors are a different shade.:rolleyes:

Back