Technical Trying to clean indicator stalk - circuit board won't come off

Currently reading:
Technical Trying to clean indicator stalk - circuit board won't come off

smashby25

I'm following this tutorial to see if it'll fix a connection issue to my headlights:

Once I have the plastic covers off, it looks as if the circuit board has been glued on and I can't pry it off. Has anyone seen this before? How can I get it off without breaking the part?

Cheers

I did this today, unfortunately it did not solve my issue (headlights on all the time when the car is on and indicators flashing quick on the dash), so it looks like a new stalk for me. The little circuit board i just marked the position then gave it a pry with a flat blade and it wiggled off. Not sure why it would be glued.

I did this today, unfortunately it did not solve my issue (headlights on all the time when the car is on and indicators flashing quick on the dash), so it looks like a new stalk for me. The little circuit board i just marked the position then gave it a pry with a flat blade and it wiggled off. Not sure why it would be glued.
ah okay thanks. Mine started with main beam lights on all the time, now the connection to all front lights is intermittent while driving.

If you're referring to your rear indicators, I fixed the fast blinking following this thread if that's useful https://www.fiatforum.com/guides/fa...bulb-not-working.672/page/the-multi-plug.754/

Okay will try that but feels like it won't budge, some sort of orange substance in the hole at the middle of it made me think glue but perhaps not

Thanks, in my case the indicators exterior seem to work as normal but the green led and sound inside is a bit fast and the stalk when tapped up or down seems to interfere with this. It's a bit of a pain replacing the whole thing but i guess as my clean up didn't work ill have to. The little connector board was a little stiff but not difficult to remove in my case.

ah okay thanks. Mine started with main beam lights on all the time, now the connection to all front lights is intermittent while driving.

If you're referring to your rear indicators, I fixed the fast blinking following this thread if that's useful https://www.fiatforum.com/guides/fa...bulb-not-working.672/page/the-multi-plug.754/

Okay will try that but feels like it won't budge, some sort of orange substance in the hole at the middle of it made me think glue but perhaps not

It will likely come off with a bit more force.

Back