General Trim and headlights

Currently reading:
General Trim and headlights

Benjy25

Hi guys,
I own an 09 grande punto and was looking for a bit of advice about whats covered by my warrenty.
Is any of the following covered by warrenty to be fixed?

The piece of trim on the dash where the blowers for the windscreen are has lifted away from the dashboard.

In the drivers side footwell a piece of plastic near the center console has popped out of place and will not simply clip back on.

Also my headlights seem to be aligned very badly one seems to point down on the ground and the other is high in the air. (I have made sure the headlight adjustment thing is set to 0)

Also as this is the first new car I have owned should I drive to a dealer or phone them first?

Many Thanks
Ben

The lifting trim and the trim thats popped out of place are I think ,common problems, I don't know about the headlight thing but they are all covered by warranty,just ring them and arrange to take it in, I can't imagine it should take too long to rectify.

First 2 arent as trim is first year only. Headlight allignment just pay a fiver and get it done at a garage that does mot's

Strictly speaking probably true & the headlights could've been knocked out of alignment by our rough bits of road (especially round bits of London :rolleyes:), but the first two should be rectified for free even if theyre not covered by warranty. It's a poor state of affairs when a company slaps a car together as haphazardly as some Grande Puntos and then has the cheek to say bits of trim dropping off are not covered beyond 1 year.

Either Fiat UK or the dealership should (i think) show abit of customer service.

Back