Total Closure Modules

Currently reading:
Total Closure Modules

arc

this is where i stand
Anyone got any experience with them. I want one.

I want to know tho, do they put the window up until it hits the top - or do they run the motor for X amount of seconds and assume it went all the way up?

i had one on my cobra alarm on my sei... twas cool.. throughly impressed most people. does exactly what it says.
doesn't close eleccy sunroofs (not that u have one but just for future knowledge - so its not TOTAL closure ;))

think it just powers for x seconds then cuts off. kinda like if you keep your finger on the window button and it gets to the top.
Total closure came as standard on the megane (this one does close the sunroof though!)... its a nice feature... especially since the cento doesn't supply power to the windows once you switch off the ignition (unlike the punto which supplies power til you open the door)

keeping power to them is easy enough to re-jig ;)

I dont want something that just gives power for X amount of seconds tho. I dont always fully open my windows, and dont want the motors getting power for X seconds everytime i arm the alarm.

Looks like i'l have to build my own.. i mean its easier to sus out when it reaches the top of the window because the current draw will hit the roof!

arc said:
keeping power to them is easy enough to re-jig ;)

I dont want something that just gives power for X amount of seconds tho. I dont always fully open my windows, and dont want the motors getting power for X seconds everytime i arm the alarm.

Looks like i'l have to build my own.. i mean its easier to sus out when it reaches the top of the window because the current draw will hit the roof!

Could just mount a microswitch in the top in conjunction with the total closure timer so it will stop prematurely.

it works on a volatge detection sytem just like you said about, you can use it with an alarm which has a + trigger output, it will also turn fiat electric windows into ones that stop if there obstructed, ive just ordered one ill post diagrams and more info when it gets here

BB

Last edited:
my clifford knows when there up. It must have a way of testing resistance or something, but whatever level their open to it stops the motors as soon as they are up

not in these they don't, and nor does my mates smart car. It just makes the lights dim the revs blip because its drawing so much current.

doesnt matter anyway, cos the module is the clever sort anyway :)

Back