General Torx T Bits Required

Currently reading:
General Torx T Bits Required

pearce_jj

Established member
Even all

Anyone got any idea which T numbers are required to get out the entire interior?

(Some of the seat mountings are v. large Torx which, without a set to test, I'm not sure which sizes I need!)

Thanks

you can get a set of Bits made by Draper cost about £8

http://www.abbeypowertools.co.uk/subprod/torx-insert-bits-0002047.aspx

APOWERLARGE12200_3404a_diag.jpg

(y)

Thanks all, much appreciated (y)

Reason - thinking of dynamatting the floor pan :eek: :cool: Bit nervous about pulling off the door pillar plastics labelled 'air bag' I'll admit....

thinking of dynamatting the floor pan

Your thinking of what :confused:

Whats Dynamatting? Is it insulating :confused:

Don't worry to much about the airbags. Just ensure the car battery has been disconnected for atleast 30 min, and don't force any parts of them, bang them, or give them any sort of sudden shock and all should be good (y)

Jon.

Thanks for all the replies :)

Dynamat is a self-adhesive bitumin type product which dampens panel resonance. Actually for the floor I've been reading that a thicker loose-laid insulation might be better, dynamat is really more for large smooth panels (like doors) which viabrate a lot. The floor pan will be creased and formed which makes it strong anyway.

Looking at this for under the carpet, under the rear seats, behing the rear trip panels etc: http://www.carpet-underlay-shop.co.uk/envirolay-42oz-felt-carpet-underlay-1505-m2-26-p.asp

Looks quite similar to the stuff in my old Citroen saxo from the factory.

Don't worry to much about the airbags. Just ensure the car battery has been disconnected for atleast 30 min, and don't force any parts of them, bang them, or give them any sort of sudden shock and all should be good (y)

Jon.

NO NO NO!!!

If you disconnect they will show a fault code.

Why would you mess with the SRS system for the sake of sound proofing?

I think the bit about the airbags was tongue-in-cheek. Please keep us up to date with the progress on sound proofing. I think you are right about the looser density felt. I am an engineer and have done work on sound reduction of printing presses and I remember being told you have to treat sound as a liquid that will escape through gaps - I'm not sure if that helps.

Thanks all, yes I appreciate it seems mad to take it all apart, but did this 10 years ago with a Saxo having owned that from new for exactly one week and all was well for the remaining seven years.

It doesn't look too hard to get into - removing the seats looks OK, the rear quarters might be tough, will only take out console by handbrake etc if I need to, aim is to just lift the carpet one side at a time.

Thanks for the info on the sound. I'm sure that is right, after all you only need to open a window a tiny bit to get a lot of noise in.

I took some measurements this morning, 60mph 5th gear along my reference bit of road, the A249 north bound near Detling, 70-74dB(A) and over 90dB without the filtering. Will be a few weeks before it's done but I will post back.

I suddenly wondered whether the extra gram CO2 that enables the Diesel to get in the £20 tax and CC exempt was achieved by weight reduction, specifically the sound proofing. That might explain why others are finding it OK, if they have a 111g/km diesel or a petrol?

If anyone would like to borrow my sound meter do let me know - happy to post!

Thanks.

NO NO NO!!!

If you disconnect they will show a fault code.

Why would you mess with the SRS system for the sake of sound proofing?

with the battery off left disconnected for half an hour (an hour if you can) gives the Airbag ECU's Capacitor chance to discharge once discharged it (the seat plugs) can be unplugged safely without the SRS system knowing (providing its left disconnected until re fitted correctly)

If in any doubt talk to a Fiat Tech first (iirc there is a post about this in the Brachetta section)

Back