torque wrench

Currently reading:
torque wrench

yep the wrench is adjustable.there are old style gauge types but i prefer the adjustable type.

you just adjust the torque setting on the base of the handle(there a incrimental markings)

633567.jpg

Depends what accuracy you are requiring. I have a selection of three, to cope with everything from little to big. If you want something that goes from 5Nm for the rocker cover to 270Nm for the hub nuts, then they are availble but the accuracy isnt great. Depends how much you want to be paying at the end of the day. If you can afford top dollar, go snap on, had mine for years, have the calibration checked once a year, and never needed touching, know other guys who bought lesser makes, and they usually require adjustment. This is completely over the top for general mechanics, but im a geek when it comes to tools and fasteners. Draper do a reasonable one it usually fares well in the tests, and its not a bank breaking price.

my mum knows nolbar or some one that does torque wrenches and can get me one at cost, but they need to know if i need a, 1/4, 1/2, 3/8 drive? :confused: havent got a clue haynes suggest a 1/2 square but there is only a little section on it. it will be for working on my cinq, so does any one know??

thanks kris(y)

99sei said:
my mum knows nolbar or some one that does torque wrenches and can get me one at cost, but they need to know if i need a, 1/4, 1/2, 3/8 drive? :confused: havent got a clue haynes suggest a 1/2 square but there is only a little section on it. it will be for working on my cinq, so does any one know??

thanks kris(y)

That is purely the size of sockets it uses so you need to get one which matches the drive of your socket set.

As for which ones are good I have a hlafrauds Pro one and it;s excellent. The best thing about halfrauds pro tools is they have a lifetime gaurentee. If you break one of them they'll give you a replacement free with no grumbling!

Nick

christopher watson said:
try looking at the torque wrenches at www.machinemart.co.uk as those are very good for the price, or try going to an autojumble as i saw all sorts of wrenches, like a digital Snap-on wrench for £50.
:sucks: looked on that site, see nice big jack and stands for £70 theres one of their shops not too far so i went and bought it :(

Back