Ramp & Wrench (Coventry)

Currently reading:
Ramp & Wrench (Coventry)

£15p/h is half the price of a decent dealer i dont know many garages who would charge less than £20/25p/h... yeah you could get a mate of a mate to do it if you bung him £20 and supply parts but i didnt think it was a bad deal. i really like the idea of this too... in reality i may never have to use the service due to the availability of workshops to me but for amateurs i would have thought it was ideal!

Well... i used this place this morning with my brother to swap a diff on his S2000... Super clean work space, polite helpful and cheerfull staff, plenty of lubricants on the shelf incase you forgot some (as my bro did ;)) there was No need for us to try their parts service but i was so impressed that i might even use it for either my Fiat or the wifes Toyota in the not too distant future!

Apparently they have a place in Northampton and a couple down in London somewhere... If they are as clean as coventrys they come highly recommended by me!

There should be more places like this, such a great idea (y)

Yeah I agree, it seems like a really good idea.
Then I would be sorted for anything, got a ramp to rent and also theres a bodyshop that you can rent to do your own body repairs where im voulenteering at the moment :D

Last time I did any serious work on my motor I put up the gazebo & tied it down to the car. I fixed up a tarp to form the three sides & was quite snug despite the cold wind & rain.
Years ago I knew a local farmer who'd let you use his barn for a couple of quid - obviously you provided your own ramps and tools but at least you were dry & he wasn't worried about how long you took. Good thing was it was common knowledge so there were always plenty of blokes around to cadge tools off or give/take advice.
£15 per hour isn't bad considering how much the stealers charge but will they let you work all night on a long job? (there will be times when a nut/bolt just will not shift)

Last edited:
but will they let you work all night on a long job? (there will be times when a nut/bolt just will not shift)

Not sure about all of them, but pitstop in London will let you work 24 hours - won't kick you out if you run over, and will open up during the early hours by prior arrangement I believe. :)

I wish there was places like this up in Lancashire.

Living on a main road with no parking except for on the highway its really hard to do anything.
I have to turn the car around when changing brakes etc.
If I get something stuck - well then I'm stuck as I do not have 240v power there.
(its over the other side of the road).

Back