Technical Topolino Workshop Manual

Currently reading:
Technical Topolino Workshop Manual

SpyderJava

I cannot seem to locate a copy of the workshop manual for the topolino. I have a friend that recently acquired a topolino and is doing some repairs to several systems and needs a copy of the manual. does anyone have a copy they may be able to scan and upload? Even if it isnt English we can try google translate, any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Which model of Topolino does your friend have? A, B, or C? I have a 'Factory' 500A workshop manual in French (from my apprenticeship days when I had, my 1st car, a 500A). Is there anything in particular that your friend needs help with. I am prepared to copy out the pages that he requires (it is a 'physical' manual, from the days before personal-computers were thought of) and then post them to him.

I believe he said it was a C model. I'll have him sign up and let you know what he has issues with. Thank you for your help.

Hello,
The registration says it’s a 500c but the engine block has 500B stamped on it. I was wondering what the torque specs (if they used them back then) would be for the rockers and valves? How to adjust the steering gearbox play, and what’s the difference between the two carburetors?

Last edited:
The 500A had a side-valve engine, the 'B' and 'C' had the same overhead-valve engine (all 570cc)---this would probably explain the 500B stamped on the engine block--and there is always the chance that as the 2 engines ('B' and 'C') were the same, that the original engine has been changed---the registration certification should be able to advise you if this has happened.
I am away from home looking after youngest grand-child until PM on Monday, but when I get back home I will look at my work-shop manual and see if it covers the 'C' version

The 500A had a side-valve engine, the 'B' and 'C' had the same overhead-valve engine (all 570cc)---this would probably explain the 500B stamped on the engine block--and there is always the chance that as the 2 engines ('B' and 'C') were the same, that the original engine has been changed---the registration certification should be able to advise you if this has happened.

I am away from home looking after youngest grand-child until PM on Monday, but when I get back home I will look at my work-shop manual and see if it covers the 'C' version

Good morning

Were able to find the work-shop manual, or a scan of it?

Hi 'Sirdewd'---yes, I am now back home from my 'grandfatherly' duties and YES, my workshop manual DOES cover the 500C. What information do you specifically need? My manual (factory) is now nearly 70 years old so I have to treat it it with a great deal of care! I will have to copy out the information you need and post it to you.Pleas contact me directly-- [email protected] with your address and i will do that for you.

Hi 'Sirdewd'---yes, I am now back home from my 'grandfatherly' duties and YES, my workshop manual DOES cover the 500C. What information do you specifically need? My manual (factory) is now nearly 70 years old so I have to treat it it with a great deal of care! I will have to copy out the information you need and post it to you.Pleas contact me directly-- [email protected] with your address and i will do that for you.

Haha can’t wait till I have kids (least parents can’t), so the parents will do their grandkid duties then send them off to us all hyper. I was trying to see if we could have the manual uploaded to this site like the other 500s for future users. I’ll email you what I would need (maybe all I can?), thank you.

Back