General Top speed?

Currently reading:
General Top speed?

Fraid they are typically Italian, they go better the higher the mileage and the more they are thrashed.
Rev the nuts off them and they get better and better if they don,t go bang.
Dave

Realistically, the maximum speed will be 75mph give and take depending upon your level of deafness. Fiat state in the handbook that it can apparently achieve over 82mph - with double earplugs. Whatever you intend throwing at it speed wise, it will take it - the 999 Fire is all but unbreakable.

the absolute top speed Talon has ever gone (with me) was 96mph. satnav indicated. i am not saying where or when but that was with the bull bars and fully 4x4 gear bolted on.

all i was doing was keeping up with the other cars! even i was impressed. if i did not have to slow down for a bend i am pretty sure it would have done more.

why is this reminding me of the steam train land speed record?

Talon, my panda 4x4 will do a happy 80mph (178 km/h) keeping up with traffic. that is with my foot pressed firmly to the floor.

it is not very often i need to get anywhere in a hurry though, so i normally just stick with the lorries doing a steady 58mph (98 km/h)

Ya that will definitely:) be enough for me! lol Thank you
but at what speed does it get super loud?

Ya that will definitely:) be enough for me! lol Thank you
but at what speed does it get super loud?
hmm, 30, 40 ish
wink.gif

Is the 4x4 box's 5th gear, equal to a 2WD Panda's 4th? Because I cannot imagine the engine speed at 85mph+

I know 750's have a different final drive ratio so all of their gear ratios are lower (I believe, I don't really understand gearboxes that much), but Char' in 5th gear (because I've got a fancy box) at 90mph (the most I've ever got out of her, and this was on a private DOWNHILL runway of course) was sitting at about 5500rpm :eek:
Loud does not describe the experience (y)

loud.. i dono.. i dont really class my panda as that loud..
i have however added my own sound proofing under the carpets, seats, behind the rear trim panels, and wheel arches.
it makes a huge difference.

really recommend it guys.. not only do you get sound proofing, but you also get to clean the whole inside of the car out at the same time :D

Is the 4x4 box's 5th gear, equal to a 2WD Panda's 4th? Because I cannot imagine the engine speed at 85mph+

I know 750's have a different final drive ratio so all of their gear ratios are lower (I believe, I don't really understand gearboxes that much), but Char' in 5th gear (because I've got a fancy box) at 90mph (the most I've ever got out of her, and this was on a private DOWNHILL runway of course) was sitting at about 5500rpm :eek:
Loud does not describe the experience (y)

5th in a 4x4 is about 14mph / 1000rpm - pretty close to a standard 750 4 speed box.

4000rpm on 5th gear with orgnal tyre-size 145/80-13 is 62 MPH-100 km/h for panda 4x4 up to arround 1995, and 66MPH-106km/h for later pandas 4x4 with 0.73:1 5th gear{ before 95 it was 0.78:1}

Panda 4x2 1000 and 1100 with 3,86:1 diff, and 0.84:1 5th gear { covers probably all 4x2 pandas 1.0 and 1.1 in UK} goes 81 MPH-130 km/h with 4000 rpm on 5th with 145/80-13, with 155/65-13 76MPH-123km/h.

Last edited:
loud.. i dono.. i dont really class my panda as that loud..
i have however added my own sound proofing under the carpets, seats, behind the rear trim panels, and wheel arches.
it makes a huge difference.

really recommend it guys.. not only do you get sound proofing, but you also get to clean the whole inside of the car out at the same time :D

So basically sound proofing the whole floor? I will definitely do that when i get my fait panda. Can you explain how do you do it? and where did you get a sound proof thingy... sorry i am a noob at cars. Thanks.

Back