General Top speed tipo

Currently reading:
General Top speed tipo

Does anyone know the gearbox ratios for a tipo 1.6 i.e. 1995 model (with all factory parts offcourse)?

I got 180kph(in the dials) going downhill with my tipo 1.1i.e. (51hp)
I have a K&N airfilter and a more free flowing exhaust than stock due to the rust :p
I think the speedometer has a little less than 10% error, so the real speed shoud be a little more than 160kph (100mph)

the fastest i have been in my 1992 1.6sx was 102mph :)thumb: i was well chuffed but my gf was s***ing herself) and that was with the back seats coverd in a huge suitcase and holiday stuff and with my bot build in, i think it could have gotn more but i didnt want to push it as it already has a misfire and a slightly blocked carb, and i was on the way back from devon so i couldnt affort to blow the engine. i dont know the top speed it would be able to go but i would like to find out.

Yesterday's "achievement" with my Fiat Tipo 1.4
The car has no mechanical improvement, the road was a bit downhill though:)

P.S. 183 kmph ~= 114 mph
A week ago I saw 121 mph (195 kph :eek: ) at the same spot. The amazing is that before braking, the car was still accelarating, giving me the impression that I cound have seen 124 mph (200 kph).

A week ago I saw 121 mph (195 kph :eek: ) at the same spot. The amazing is that before braking, the car was still accelarating, giving me the impression that I cound have seen 124 mph (200 kph).

Thats such a good reading for a 1.4... are you sure it aint a 1.6??
Now that Georgy has had a 2.0 8v installed ive seen 130mph and had a teeny bit left not much just a teeny bit prob 5 mph...

Felt like it was much quicker, Shack and rattle bum clenched....Wheeeeee But george is 18 years old after all...

This reading was on a digital dash!! How acurate are these?

Thats such a good reading for a 1.4... are you sure it aint a 1.6??
Now that Georgy has had a 2.0 8v installed ive seen 130mph and had a teeny bit left not much just a teeny bit prob 5 mph...
First of all I'm sure it' s a 1.4 i.e as we 've bought it new 15 years ago.
The car has 78500 km and is very well maintained.
As I have said at an earlier post at a plain road I can' t see more than 106 mph (170 kph). I was driving at highway with a slight declination when I saw 121 mph (195 kph).

Iv had the Sedici to 120, didnt know if it wanted much more as the induction kit was screaming at me which was scary! lol

Remember your speedo could be very inacurate!
It' s not very inaccurate as I have tested it by driving parallel with my brother's new corolla and we had a slight difference of 1-2 kmph at 140 kmph.

As a result my tipo's speedo is as inaccurate as any other car's speedo :)

It' s not very inaccurate as I have tested it by driving parallel with my brother's new corolla and we had a slight difference of 1-2 kmph at 140 kmph.

As a result my tipo's speedo is as inaccurate as any other car's speedo :)

Still doesn't mean you or the corolla were doing 140kmh :)

Need to get it GPS or laser/radar checked.

Still doesn't mean you or the corolla were doing 140kmh :)

Need to get it GPS or laser/radar checked.
The corolla's speedo has been checked by GPS. At 100 kmph the actual speed is 99 kmph.

I don't imply that 195 kmph correspond to an actual speed of 195 kmph (it is known that all speedos cheat at high speeds). It might therefore be 185 kmph or something like that. What I know however is that Fiat announces a top speed of 163 kmph with 5th gear and 167 kmph with 4th gear, so what I just say is that I have exceeded those values :)

What is the top speed that 95. 1.6 i.e. Tipo achieves in third gear?

Back