TomTom Support

Currently reading:
TomTom Support

I promised the guys at TomTom that I'd relay exactly how shonky their support teams are to the rest of the world, so here goes:

Pretty much similar to my experiences with them with my 730T. At least they didn't tell you your serial number didn't exist.

Even after sending them a picture of the unit with SN plain to see. :bang:

When they finally admitted that my unit was indeed not just a figment of my imagination the instructions (supposedly to cure the fault. sic) they sent were for a completely different model.

Three batteries and a new traffic antenna later I gave up and now just persevere with it.

Luckily the unit now seems to be reasonably stable but I would seriously consider buying another make next time.

Make you glad to buy the cheapest sat nav hardware you can get then run the latest TT software on it totally free (and even then TT route planning is ****e....)

On hols, middle of nowhere & suddenly my TT cannot locate any sattelites.
Goes from many to 0.
Figures some sort of reset is required to get the software running again, finds the appropriate icon on the unit - and I lose all the info/voices etc I downloaded & still the problem persists.

spends a while on my mobile trying to find a number to contact.
Then spend about £4 waiting in a queue.
The next day, I'd left my TT on to drain the battery (hoping this might cause a reset) and recharged it in my car. Spent another £3 queueing on the hell line.
Next day, still no sats to be found, spent another £3 but actually got through to a real person who told me how to perform a reset when there is no hole in the bottom of the unit.
And it worked.
Why, oh why, isn't all this info pre-programmed into the unit? ?There is still plenty of room in memory yet there is no helpline number & no troubleshooting info (but there is info on how to change a spare wheel!)
How many out there carry the instruction manual for their satnav with them everywhere they go?

Back