tomtom or navigon

Currently reading:
tomtom or navigon

i,m gonna get one of these tonight if i can make my mind up on which one !! any advice appreciated as they both seem good value for money and i only want to spend about £100. and they must be better than the sat nag i already have:D
Navigon 1210 Satellite Navigation System - Full Europe: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Buy TomTom ONE v3 (UK Maps)

Hi I have been a london based motorbike courier since 1988 and when sat navs came out I started using tomtom and navicore on my nokia mobile phone for them akward to find little houses on a dark country road,the navicore was the best out of the two mobile phone sat navs.I then tried various other solely sat nav systems untill I got the garmin nuvi 200 widescreen for £149.99 when it first came.I loved it so much that I bought the same one after the last one got nicked off my bike at the reduced price of £114.99 from halfords again.Then I noticed the model had another price drop to £97.00 at comet a few months ago so I bought a spare.With this garmin you get,uk & ireland streets,speed camera's,five hours battery life,poi's,favorites,a memory card slot to increase memory though (not needed),a nice navigation system that gives,speed,avg speed,overall average speed,max speed,moving average speed,distance travelled,distance left to destination,compass tells u what way your heading.On top of that it's better built to withstand vibration especially the charging which always broke on my tomtoms I had before.And when my tom toms broke halfords never gave me a replacement over the counter they sent them off to be repaired and that took over three weeks but they replaced the garmin straight away over the counter on the one occasion I got mine wet as I left it on the bike uncovered oops.

Last edited:
whats the difference between the nuvi 250w & the nuvi 200w ?
is it just the europe maps and price?

yes and new navigation software.The 200w is slightly slower but I ride a bike through london faster than the traffic and I have no probs.

Last edited:
Back