Tuning TMC Tuning Box

Currently reading:
Tuning TMC Tuning Box

Im from melbourne and has just purchased an abarth 2011 SS. Ive got a cold air ram intake coming soon, but looking at doing a few other things which wont avoid warrenty, would the TMC Tuning boxes be ok?

The turbo on the A500 is a VL37 and on the SS map it's well past it's max. If you were looking to run more boost I would possibly look a getting a hyprid turbo as opposed to changing it to one of new Garretts like on the AGP esseesse model. The C510 gearbox is also well past it's rated limit. Personally if I had an esseesse map I would leave it standard but would possibly consider the CAI.

Have you driven or owned any A500 with a whine in the gearbox and if so what was the mileage and what year were they ?

Nope, have owned a GPS with TMC tuning box fitted though.
If a gearbox whines a mechanic is not automatically going to say "you had a tuning box on here your warrenty is void"

The simple fact is there is no way to tell its ever had a tuning box connected once its been removed.

Nope, have owned a GPS with TMC tuning box fitted though.
If a gearbox whines a mechanic is not automatically going to say "you had a tuning box on here your warrenty is void"

The simple fact is there is no way to tell its ever had a tuning box connected once its been removed.

It wouldn't be up to the mechanic to decide. Ultimately you'll end up dealing with Fiat CS. Decision will be with them. If you bought the car from new and you had rigorously followed the recommended service schedule you might stand a chance. But if you bought the A500 secondhand it might have a different outcome.;)
On a 2009 supposedly standard A500 with 23K that I was interested in it had a whine in the gearbox but it had a lot of 'bums on the seat'.

Back