Punto (Mk2/2b) TJHPunto's Red Sporting.

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk2/2b) TJHPunto's Red Sporting.

Re: TJHPunto's Red Sporting

nice punto. why didn't you cover the sun visors to match though?

Cheers. Was thinking about buying some of this Plastidip Plastic / Rubber Paint - Spray - Black: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools to do them and the rear grab handles, then dying the sunroof surround black. Will get round to it when i'm back home from uni.

Also thinking gloss black rear bumper insert, b pillar vinyl, roof vinyl and possibly buying some more side strips and doing those in gloss black too.

Anthracite sporting wheels, red calipers, undersealing and coilovers are also on my to do list.

Last edited:

the gloss black idea sounds good and would look awesome on the red punto

yeh, i'm fed up of the black plastic going grey every few months too. Unsure whether to do it on the front bumper too, probably take it to the body shop if i do.

Think once all this is done i'm gonna leave it be and just maintain it. I was going to save up and get it blown/Alfa TS engine conversion, probably just gonna save up for a coupe instead :yum: and keep this as a daily.

P.S. i wish i had a picture next to my thread. lol.

Last edited:

all sounds good to me :yum:
the bumper inserts aren't that bad to do yourself, just remember don't smooth them and then paint, get lots of filler primer on there to 'fill' the dimply bits and then sand that back smooth ready for paint. Paint don't stick to the plastic at all well but loves primer ;)

all sounds good to me :yum:
the bumper inserts aren't that bad to do yourself, just remember don't smooth them and then paint, get lots of filler primer on there to 'fill' the dimply bits and then sand that back smooth ready for paint. Paint don't stick to the plastic at all well but loves primer ;)
would have thought sanding them smooth then adding a plastic primer before painting would be a better option than using a filler primer which is more designed for metal.

would have thought sanding them smooth then adding a plastic primer before painting would be a better option than using a filler primer which is more designed for metal.

think you're right, for plastics: "Filler Primer - can be used if Adhesion Aid is applied first." Never going to get a body shop finish with rattle cans anyway so i'll just treat it as i have with everything else i've sprayed.

Last edited:
Deffo agree with the plastic going a patchy grey/black...looks ridiculous:(

Loving what's been done to the car thus far, keep us posted what next, I ain't seen any other Tiziano Punto sporting :confused:

Hopefully see you at the autoitalia next month if you're going? "Most" of my car will be done by then.:devil:

i've seen 2 tiziano red sportings since i've had mine, one was smashed up on the back of a recovery vehicle and one was for sale in a garage for like 2.5k.

Not going to stanford hall sorry mate, got my last uni exam on the 6th. I am going to AI Gaydon in september though.

Ordered a flip key last week should be here soon, i'm not sure how but i smashed my normal one on a night out, luckily the transponder was still in it.

Also getting a JBL sub and amp tomorrow and will be making a boot build when i get home. Nothing too lairy or complicated.

ohhh...flip key,any chance of a guide when you do it ?

Don't think it will warrant a guide tbh, all i need to do is take the new blade to a local key cutters to get it matched to the locks/ignition barrel, and put the transponder from my broken key into the casing. Only thing you have to be wary of is the blade type you get with the new key, mine is groove type, newer puntos have the flat type.

Will put some pics up when i get it.

Last edited:
ok, i got the key this morning it looks pretty good, even has a black fiat badge to match my bonnet badge :). I wasn't expecting it but you have to take out all the internals (circuit board, battery, battery connection) and fit them into the new key. Just had a go with my non broken original key and its pretty simple and the circuit board fits nicely in the right place which is good. I'll probably put a guide up when i do it properly.

ok, i got the key this morning it looks pretty good, even has a black fiat badge to match my bonnet badge :). I wasn't expecting it but you have to take out all the internals (circuit board, battery, battery connection) and fit them into the new key. Just had a go with my non broken original key and its pretty simple and the circuit board fits nicely in the right place which is good. I'll probably put a guide up when i do it properly.

Yeah please do a guide or at least one on here for when you get round too it because my key is past it now and would be nice to have a nice style flip key (y)

this happened on the drive home this morning :( absolutely gutted

Then failed the mot again, then i felt sorry for it and had a bit of a cleaning session. Would have gone to the forest to take some better pics if it wasn't for the mot.

exhaust is going back to standard next week for another mot attempt. cheers for looking

Last edited:
Taken my battery tray out to be shot blasted and sprayed gloss black, also getting a custom gloss black battery cover made to replace the strap. The fuse box cover will be sprayed gloss black too.

I noticed the damage to the GSR that the tray was causing, i don't have any silicone tape and was drinking a can of monster at the time and noticed the can was a perfect size to fit around the GSR, so that's my temporary solution.

P.S. Could a mod sort my thread so there are pictures by it please?

Last edited:
Back