General Tipo or Dedra ?

Currently reading:
General Tipo or Dedra ?

What should it be - a Tipo 1.9TDS with digi dash or a slightly later Dedra 1.8LE for my next Italian piece of mild lunacy ?
Owned both before - just can't make my mind up.....

My Panda 4x4 needs company.

What should it be - a Tipo 1.9TDS with digi dash or a slightly later Dedra 1.8LE for my next Italian piece of mild lunacy ?

Tipo with a digi dash all the freakin way, so awesome its unreal, and part of the reason I am so into fiats as it was the first car I ever drove

At the moment I have 2 Pipo's. One 1989 1.4 DGT with only 56000 km (trying to sell it but that seems to be very difficult!) and since 1 month a 1995 1.4ie with 112000 km with normal dashboard.
Before that (2008-2014) I owned a Lancia Kappa (5 cil. 2.0 20v).
Best and most comfortable car I ever had....! The Tipo is a nice car but the Lancia Dedra is for sure more and much better quality overall! My Kappa was from 1999 with 145.000 km. and no rust! Cannot say that from the Tipo despite the special treatment (zink) they all should have had on the bottom outer parts....
The last year I've been looking for another one and I've seen about 5 Tipo's, but I was not amused to see how many of them were full with rust....
Go for the Lancia! (If you can effort the extra maintanance costs..:D)

Last edited:
Join the Thema and Dedra consortium if you get the Dedra. Parts aplenty....

I've had 2 Kappas. 20vt Coupe and a 3.0 sedan. Very good both of them.

Back