Technical timing marks

Currently reading:
Technical timing marks

pms86

Hi all

I've just bought a fiat Brava 1.2 16v on a Y plate that the timing belt has snapped. I've replaced the cylinder head & can not for the life of me find the timing marks on the cam or crank? I've tried the screwdriver down the cylinder trick but that only tells me half. Can any one help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! aaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:)
cheers Paul

Hi all

I've just bought a fiat Brava 1.2 16v on a Y plate that the timing belt has snapped. I've replaced the cylinder head & can not for the life of me find the timing marks on the cam or crank? I've tried the screwdriver down the cylinder trick but that only tells me half. Can any one help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! aaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:)
cheers Paul

According to Mr. Haynes theres no timing marks as such, you have to get all 4 cylinders level :bang::bang:, (not like the sensible way of having it fireing on No.1 cylinder ) (I'm using 4 welding rods for this) then theres a tool that locks the camshaft in place, that then sets your camshaft and crankshaft timing.

Hope this helps.

Back