General Timing belt brands

Currently reading:
General Timing belt brands

Hi all,

My bravo 182 1.4 has just passed 80,000 miles and im thinking its better to do a timing belt change. As my country don't have any spare parts, I was looking at ebay. Found some good brands like Bosch etc. But also there is a brand named Dayco.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Timing-Belt-DAYCO-for-FIAT-BRAVA-182-BRAVO-I-182-MAREA-185-/111754154719?fits=Model%3ABravo&hash=item1a051112df:g:tckAAOSw-jhT~0h-

Has anyone of the fellow members have experience with this brand? :confused:

Reason to skip Bosch is due to the price and shipping cost. Almost every part i get down from ebay, the shipping cost is almost equal for the price of the item :yuck: :bang: (n)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Hi all,

My bravo 182 1.4 has just passed 80,000 miles and im thinking its better to do a timing belt change. As my country don't have any spare parts, I was looking at ebay. Found some good brands like Bosch etc. But also there is a brand named Dayco.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Timing-Belt-DAYCO-for-FIAT-BRAVA-182-BRAVO-I-182-MAREA-185-/111754154719?fits=Model%3ABravo&hash=item1a051112df:g:tckAAOSw-jhT~0h-

Has anyone of the fellow members have experience with this brand? :confused:

Reason to skip Bosch is due to the price and shipping cost. Almost every part i get down from ebay, the shipping cost is almost equal for the price of the item :yuck: :bang: (n)

Hi,:)

I was thinking the other day we'd not heard from you for a while,

hope the car is still going well(y)

Dayco.. it's certainly a fairly well known brand in the UK,
you are changing the KIT - rather than just the toothed belt..??

Charlie

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Hi,:)

I was thinking the other day we'd not heard from you for a while,

hope the car is still going well(y)

Dayco.. it's certainly a fairly well known brand in the UK,
you are changing the KIT - rather than just the toothed belt..??

Charlie

Hi Charlie,

haha i was looking through the forums and was being silent :p yes the car is going well, fixed the radiator fan issue as it was given direct current, without putting a thermostat, extended a wire from the alternator with a relay. Now the radiator fans are working only after engine has been started :cool: (y)

will upload new pics of the car, my avatar and dp changed to new pics :p (y)

yes yes planning on buying the whole timing belt kit.

thanks dave & maggers (y)

Back