General Time to move on to another....

Currently reading:
General Time to move on to another....

Devious

Multipla Mac Daddy Jon
Well, I've had a morning of fettiling with the Black barge.
Myself and Mechanic friend had a look over a few issues its got....
The main one being that the engine drops off at 3-4k under load. The EGR is banked, The MAF is new-ish and there's no cracks, leaks or perishing in any of the piping.
Interestingly there have been some wiring alterations made from the MAF to the vacuum sensor. There are 2 wires that run into the vac and the black and green have been chopped and bypassed to the black and green wire on the MAF. Turning it back to original sets off the management light but re bypassing it kills the light. There's something seriously wrong with it and this leaves me to think that it may be time to pass it on...
Have no fear, ill get another Multi...
Ta

MAF isn't the end of the world, can cause overfuelling at high ambient temps (Now!), I'm surprised that anyone would bother to fiddle the MAF engine management light but if you're desperate, who knows?

I would run with the MAF with wiring reverted to original and let the ECU retune itself, it it still drops off, I'd check all turbo ducting.
ECUscan would be useful here if you've got it, as it gives real time sensor readings and would probably give you useful pointers. MAP sensor on the way out is another possibility.

It's just the chop. It's such an obscure thing to do. The MAF hasn't been chopped, its the vac sensor that's chopped and bridged to the MAF. Id take a pic and post it but external hosting etc, etc and I pads are not supported.

Again, I don't have ecuscan as I've not got a lap top.
Ta

Back