IMG_2413.JPG

128 Tilly our 128 3P

Introduction

May I introduce our new arrival, Tilly (derived from the number plate).

She's a 1977 Fiat 128 3P with 42,000 miles on the clock. I'd fancied one of these for a while now but never imagined I would be in possession of such a fine example!

At the beginning of this month I flew from Southampton to Edinburgh to collect her, and with just one AA call out I was able to get her 420 miles home the same day.

This was us waiting for the AA man to come and clean out our carburettor jets, well it had been sitting in a showroom for three years! Once done though, and she sailed home with no further trouble.

Having said that, the carb still isn't quite right yet so more to be done.

Here she is last week when we took her to a meeting at Brooklands along with Rosso our 850 Sport Coupe.......

A few more pics from when she first arrived home.......

She was resprayed about 11 years ago and it still looks very fresh now. There were a few small areas of rust dealt with at the time, I have photographic evidence of this, but in the main she is very original. The interior is particularly so, apart from a split in the heal pad on the carpet it's like new!

The plan is simply to look after her in this original condition and take her out when we can. :)
Well Tilly was out last weekend at the NEC classic car show as part of the Fiat Motor Club UK stand.

I did service the carb in the hope that it would run well on the journey, it was better but still not quite right. I think I'm going to need a new carb. :(

Anyway, here he is on the stand.

One of his previous owners was at the show and was very surprised to see him there, but pleased that he was still in such good condition.

Put Tilly on the ramp for the first time today and am happy and relieved to report that he is in fantastic condition underneath. No rust or any signs of previous repairs anywhere! :D

The only things I could find to fix was a sheared off screw holding the engine bay guard to the wheel arch liner, and too long a bolt on part of the gear change rod.
There was also a split rubber boot on the o/s lower ball joint so need to order one of them.

Do you still own this 3p? - I almost bought that when it was for sale but had too many classics at the time. Beautiful example I had a 1979 yellow SS model with the stripes and before that a 1977 White plain model. I am assuming that is the 1300cc engine?

Do you still own this 3p? - I almost bought that when it was for sale but had too many classics at the time. Beautiful example I had a 1979 yellow SS model with the stripes and before that a 1977 White plain model. I am assuming that is the 1300cc engine?
Hi, yes it is a 1300. I’m afraid it sold at auction last December.

Back