Technical Thumping from Going Over Bumps and Quick Clutch Release

Currently reading:
Technical Thumping from Going Over Bumps and Quick Clutch Release

gio46

Hello fellow Panda owners,

I have one of I believe are only a couple of Panda 4x4's here in the US. Because it's very challenging to get parts, I'd like to be as certain as reasonably possible to bundle parts in one giant order.

To describe the issue: when going over the smallest of bumps on the, there is a loud "thump" that comes from the underside of the car. If I'm not mistaken, it appears to come from towards the engine compartment. Furthermore, if I release the clutch too quickly, a very similar sounding "thump" occurs from what sounds like the same place. It's almost as though some rubber bushing is completely dry, but I'm not sure. The ones I can access still seem reasonably fresh.

This seems very challenging to troubleshoot without being in the car and driving around, but does anyone have any suggestions as to what could cause these noises? This is what I was planning on ordering, somewhat shooting in the dark...

screenshot_ 2.png

If anyone has had a similar issue, I'd love to hear about your experience of how you were able to eliminate this noise.

Thanks all, happy to be part of this forum.

Regards,

Gio

Hello fellow Panda owners,

I have one of I believe are only a couple of Panda 4x4's here in the US. Because it's very challenging to get parts, I'd like to be as certain as reasonably possible to bundle parts in one giant order.

To describe the issue: when going over the smallest of bumps on the, there is a loud "thump" that comes from the underside of the car. If I'm not mistaken, it appears to come from towards the engine compartment. Furthermore, if I release the clutch too quickly, a very similar sounding "thump" occurs from what sounds like the same place. It's almost as though some rubber bushing is completely dry, but I'm not sure. The ones I can access still seem reasonably fresh.

This seems very challenging to troubleshoot without being in the car and driving around, but does anyone have any suggestions as to what could cause these noises? This is what I was planning on ordering, somewhat shooting in the dark...

View attachment 413859

If anyone has had a similar issue, I'd love to hear about your experience of how you were able to eliminate this noise.

Thanks all, happy to be part of this forum.

Regards,

Gio
May be a stabilsing bush /mount at bottom of engine at rear towards centre?

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
No, I was thinking more like this image. This is for a 04 on model I think but basically the principle is the same, it is bolted to the bottom of the

engine one end and the subframe at the other to take the load when accelerating or deaccelerating. As in when on off the throttle it making a clunk .

1665566210257.png

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
No, I was thinking more like this image. This is for a 04 on model I think but basically the principle is the same, it is bolted to the bottom of the

engine one end and the subframe at the other to take the load when accelerating or deaccelerating. As in when on off the throttle it making a clunk .

.View attachment 413876
Yep, same idea but it's the rubber I linked to, there's a bracket off the rear of the gearbox that bolts up into that rubber just inboard and behind the left front wheel arch to absorb the rocking movement from the engine and transmission.

Back