Technical Throttle Cable

Currently reading:
Technical Throttle Cable

Peter Lambert

Ok so i was driving down the road enjoying the nice weather in my coupe and then went to accelerate and the the pedel lost all tension and hit the deck AA came out and confirmed it was the throttle cable:bang:

So now my coupe is at a garage however they will only deal with OEM parts and apparently Fiat dont make the throttle cable for coupes anymore anyone know where i can get one???? as the internet hasnt pulled up many results

Ok so i was driving down the road enjoying the nice weather in my coupe and then went to accelerate and the the pedel lost all tension and hit the deck AA came out and confirmed it was the throttle cable:bang:

So now my coupe is at a garage however they will only deal with OEM parts and apparently Fiat dont make the throttle cable for coupes anymore anyone know where i can get one???? as the internet hasnt pulled up many results

I have a coop which has just been written off. I am stripping all the parts off so if you are interested, make me an offer. [email protected]

Last edited:
When the one on my Coupe snapped I bought one from Alternative Autos.

This was in may 2008, they should still sell them.

bought coupe yesterday from leicster drove it 100m back home, in slow traffic pedal went to floor while was in first gear :) opened bonnet and cable has snapped (white adjuster two parts are seperated and cant see the cable that goes inside). Had to get towed 2miles home ;(

As original poster stated these are no longer made by fiat, i heard a peugeot 406 cable is a direct replacement?

Anyone know where i can get replacement part, or any local garage to harrow middlesex can replace it?

All answers appreciated, my first day with coupe and i cant drive it lol please help.

thanks, i tried thier contact us email form but its not working, ill ring them later today.

ive been quoted £32.40 for a cable from a P reg breaking coupe.

my only concern is the age of the cable.

ive been quoted £200 for a new fiat cable. i heard the AA still have some original ones.

ive ordered the £32 cable im hoping it will be ok and wont snap on me due to it being old.

found an online guide how to feed a new cable through the existing outer hosing. seems like a easy job, you can use PART :: universal Peugeot / Citroen throttle cable.

copy and pasted here: i can post the link if its allowed and any one wants to see the full guide.

You need to cut the old cable, remove the pedal end union and fit to new inner cable, then remove the old inner cable from the outer, set the adjuster on the outer to the middle, feed the new inner in to the outer from the pedal end.
Feed the new union supplied onto the inner cable and measure the amount of inner needed(leave plenty to play with) and cut the inner.
Then tighten the new union in the required position and fit to the throttle spindle, it may take a couple of attempts to get the union in just the right place.

Last edited:
Back