Technical Throttle Body Options for my Wolf Direct Sei...

Currently reading:
Technical Throttle Body Options for my Wolf Direct Sei...

Hamilton

Hi,

Ive been browsing through the site looking at options for throttle body upgrades for my Wolf Direct Racing 1242 8v MPI engine but cant seem to find out much regarding contact details for places. Ive seen Tricker coming up a lot with good feedback, is he stgill making these?

Im seeing at GSR and Van Aiken coming up a lot too but ive googled and it seems these no longer exist.

Does anyone know of any other companies?

Also has anyone on here done a full TB conversion with say bike bodies or custom sets like Jenvey?

Im looking at all options here and want to get the highest power gain possible and not too fussed on cost.

UPDATE: Ive found this on site thanks to another member..

https://www.fiatforum.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=20944&cat=20

Is 40mm the biggest bore possible for thmy engine?

Im tempted to try this but need to know the specs to request.

Thanks

Last edited:
doubt you can go over 40mm
I have a bored out 75 throttle body which is 43mm.
id say anything over 40 (and maybe 40 itself) is a bit to big unless you have a very well ported head and manifold

try find a punto 75 throttle body.
it is 37mm and it just takes a little time with a dremal to machine but a brilliant size (imho)

GSR certainly isn't awol but don't mention Wolf.............. A Google for GSR engineering will turn up oldscholl (of this parish) . On the 1.4 16v people have used the 48mm DellOrto tb out of a K series ith sucess. Some folk have played with ITBs from bikes, but there is a fair bit of engineering involved. From memory the supertuned Wolf 1.2 16v (with ITBs) made about the same power as a stock 1.4 16v.

At some level it's about cam choice and management..................

GSR certainly isn't awol but don't mention Wolf.............. A Google for GSR engineering will turn up oldscholl (of this parish) . On the 1.4 16v people have used the 48mm DellOrto tb out of a K series ith sucess. Some folk have played with ITBs from bikes, but there is a fair bit of engineering involved. From memory the supertuned Wolf 1.2 16v (with ITBs) made about the same power as a stock 1.4 16v.

At some level it's about cam choice and management..................

no more

Hi,

Ive been browsing through the site looking at options for throttle body upgrades for my Wolf Direct Racing 1242 8v MPI engine but cant seem to find out much regarding contact details for places. Ive seen Tricker coming up a lot with good feedback, is he stgill making these?

Im seeing at GSR and Van Aiken coming up a lot too but ive googled and it seems these no longer exist.

Does anyone know of any other companies?

Also has anyone on here done a full TB conversion with say bike bodies or custom sets like Jenvey?

Im looking at all options here and want to get the highest power gain possible and not too fussed on cost.

UPDATE: Ive found this on site thanks to another member..

https://www.fiatforum.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=20944&cat=20

Is 40mm the biggest bore possible for thmy engine?

Im tempted to try this but need to know the specs to request.

Thanks

I have a full ITB conversion of my 600m and it is hard to judge how much better it is than a simpler inlet would be. The head porting done at WDR is supremely good, yours would have been done at the same place mine was (it was the last one before WDR moved out of the London area) and I have seen close-up just how much work went into it so even if half of the effort went in to yours it would definitely benefit from an upgrade. The demo car (the purple one) still uses a single throttle body and goes very, very well on it. I can try and find out what size it is from WDR.

The arguments between oldschool and WDR really aren't worth digging up again - there is so much history between the two that it is best left buried. Just don't mention either party to the other.

The supertuned 1.2 16v on ITBs makes a fair bit more than 100bhp and more importantly it has an excellent spread of torque - I've driven it and I know the current owner - the 8v they put in the FRC Punto made about 100bhp though and that ran a stock throttle body and a stock cam profile. The 8v engine is much more responsive to cam tuning than the 16v but that is all pretty well documented on here and doesn't require another discussion.

Back