366c18be-5a78-478b-8091-1ad089a13d30_zpsdc5f8e23.jpg

Multipla This is my jtd, thinking it needs pimping...

Introduction

This is how my jtd looked when I picked it up

366c18be-5a78-478b-8091-1ad089a13d30_zpsdc5f8e23.jpg

It looks a bit better now, got an aerial, a new red Fiat badge, cleaned up and painted the rusty wipers, and most recently fixed up the bumper with a heat gun.

The wings still has some damage, not decided if I will worry about it or not for now.

This weekend I was planning to vinyl wrap the roof, I have some 3D carbon fibre look vinyl which would look amazing but even though I realised it would be tricky, don't think I quite understood just how tricky, so I'm reavaluation that idea for now... 🤷

Got the idea of the black roof from Smurftipla's photos on here (painted roof, looks great), but I don't want to paint mine...

Anyway might try again with a few helpers :idea:

And obviously I've been refurbing a set of 17" black alloys, which were powder coated and a couple badly curbed, think it will transorm the look of my jtd when I get them on with some wider tyres.

So to my question, preservere and get the roof vinyl wrapped? Or just wrap the bonnet? There are a couple of deep scratches on there which could do with hiding but I'm not 100% sure about the black vinyl on there...

What does people think about this?

matrix_bonnet.jpg
Looks good, multipla's seam to look better with bigger wheels on in my opinion.
you know you can get some proper official fiat rear sun-blinds that totally fit all the rear windows, i think would suit your car.

here's a link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIAT-MULT...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a3c0d584c

I fitted a new set of these to every multi i've owned. They are great for the kids, keeping the sun out their faces but they also cut the glare from the inconsiderate drivers behind leaving their full been on at night.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Looks good, multipla's seam to look better with bigger wheels on in my opinion.
you know you can get some proper official fiat rear sun-blinds that totally fit all the rear windows, i think would suit your car.

here's a link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIAT-MULT...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a3c0d584c

I fitted a new set of these to every multi i've owned. They are great for the kids, keeping the sun out their faces but they also cut the glare from the inconsiderate drivers behind leaving their full been on at night.
Excellent, will look into it. would love to have one of those exterior perspex sun visors (like on the Hilux) but black, only they don't do them, lol so hoping to get just a sunstrip instead and think this would look great with (y)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I'd like your oppinion now please, my drums look so rusty against my lovely black wheels, so need to fix them up and paint them.

Ideas of colour? or maybe black as the whole point of the black wheels was that the car was only going to be blue and black, but that seems a bit boring... :rolleyes:

http://www.fiatalia.com/FIATForum.com-Stickers-3-Pack.html

They are great in different colours and interior and exterior. Happy Christmas btw! (y)

Cheers for the link matey. I've ordered quite a few as i have 3 fiats in the household.
Regarding your brakes i like contrasting colours. My multi is purple/blue in colour and come spring when i put on my white fiat coupe wheels im painting my brakes red.
Might be alittle cheesy but its what i like.

Cheers for the link matey. I've ordered quite a few as i have 3 fiats in the household.
Regarding your brakes i like contrasting colours. My multi is purple/blue in colour and come spring when i put on my white fiat coupe wheels im painting my brakes red.
Might be alittle cheesy but its what i like.

I'm totally with you, I want mine to stand out and not just for the right reasons, lol

oh and I've done the drums black in the end. Whenever I do the calipers I will do the drums again to match, but black looks good for now.
When I get the wheel spacers I've ordered and refitted my black ones on the rear I will take a photo to show

So my old Fiat wheels are off and this is the kind of damage they all have, not too bad bad not pretty...

c099fe52-0d4c-4b7e-9fe6-f403ffe3ee90_zps240ecf88.jpg

so I've sanded and put on filler and sanded it down...

1fd7a8af-284c-478f-b95c-f9785b410974_zps186cbba4.jpg

and after primer I sprayed it metallic black...

e46a168d-d6fd-4474-8a22-68aec488b568_zpsea3054f2.jpg

Was thinking of making them my winter wheels... (y)

I'd like your oppinion now please, my drums look so rusty against my lovely black wheels, so need to fix them up and paint them.

Ideas of colour? or maybe black as the whole point of the black wheels was that the car was only going to be blue and black, but that seems a bit boring... :rolleyes:

i don't think drums look that good in any colour except black.
just my opinion though.
i've been toying with the idea of painting my brake calipers but my multi comes with front & rear discs. i'm just not sure whether the car would suit the sporty painted brake look.

those multi wheels look great in black though.

just my opinion though.
i've been toying with the idea of painting my brake calipers but my multi comes with front & rear discs. i'm just not sure whether the car would suit the sporty painted brake look.

Thank you! I did my drums black in the end, which looks a whole lot better than the natural red/brown rust colour, that really did stand out against my black wheels, lol.

Actually though, an almost neighbour and fellow Multi owner down here did his calipers and drums red and they look nice, very tidy actually. (y)

just my opinion though.

it looks sporty if it got a 20vt coupe engine in it.

3 out of 4 Fiat alloys almost done, or at the very least getting there (I know it's taken way long the excitement factor wasn't the same as when I did my pretty 17s :( ) please ignore the "slight" over spray on the tyres...

1160f0ad-f30d-4915-921b-409bb7e37e1e_zpsb899ba53.jpg

BUT whilst spraying the first coat onto the yellow primer I got this idea that they would look great two tone...! Or what do people think?

7cf5f8a3-f500-43d5-95e2-b7a6876becba_zpse8acb6f7.jpg

My car is all blue and black and that was the plan so either make the wheels black and metallic blue or maybe something more drastic black and orange to match the annoyingly orange side indicators, lol

and yes I do know I drive a Multipla but it cabn still look fun and exciting right, lol

Back