366c18be-5a78-478b-8091-1ad089a13d30_zpsdc5f8e23.jpg

Multipla This is my jtd, thinking it needs pimping...

Introduction

This is how my jtd looked when I picked it up

366c18be-5a78-478b-8091-1ad089a13d30_zpsdc5f8e23.jpg

It looks a bit better now, got an aerial, a new red Fiat badge, cleaned up and painted the rusty wipers, and most recently fixed up the bumper with a heat gun.

The wings still has some damage, not decided if I will worry about it or not for now.

This weekend I was planning to vinyl wrap the roof, I have some 3D carbon fibre look vinyl which would look amazing but even though I realised it would be tricky, don't think I quite understood just how tricky, so I'm reavaluation that idea for now... 🤷

Got the idea of the black roof from Smurftipla's photos on here (painted roof, looks great), but I don't want to paint mine...

Anyway might try again with a few helpers :idea:

And obviously I've been refurbing a set of 17" black alloys, which were powder coated and a couple badly curbed, think it will transorm the look of my jtd when I get them on with some wider tyres.

So to my question, preservere and get the roof vinyl wrapped? Or just wrap the bonnet? There are a couple of deep scratches on there which could do with hiding but I'm not 100% sure about the black vinyl on there...

What does people think about this?

matrix_bonnet.jpg
Right.... I was gonna vinyl wrap the roof but realised quickly that it was waaaay to tricky, so thought I'd do the bonnet instead (inspired by Duncan on here as my bonnet also has plenty of scratches and stone chips to hide)

It was starting to look really cool,

602255_10202533551204907_1742033848_n.jpg

and then I managed to rip the vinyl wrap :bang:

So now I just need to buy some more and try again, might even leave it for a less windy day than today too....;)

But well worth doing I think, people agree?

looking good! I was thinking about doing a chequered pattern on my bonnet. I've done some wrapping before and found that the finished look is very rewarding.

looking good! I was thinking about doing a chequered pattern on my bonnet. I've done some wrapping before and found that the finished look is very rewarding.

I looked at the chequered stuff too, quite cool, but incidentally today saw an old Vauxhall drive past my window and it had chequered roof and it just looked a bit odd, lol. Obviously a Fiat would look loads better.(y)

I envy your wrapping experience, I find it not so difficult to get a good finish (no airbubbles or creases) but nearly impossible to know how to best/easiest take off the backing without the vinyl wrap sticking to everything... :rolleyes: that's why I gave up the roof idea, I estimated that I would need another 4 people or so to do it successfully. :D also the Multipla has a VERY wide bonnet, another tricky area...

Anyway, off to ebay to look at the massive selection of vinyl wraps available... ;)

. . . I find it not so difficult to get a good finish (no airbubbles or creases) . . .
Do you use the water-mist method to apply it?

I think I'll save my money for the inevitable mechanical repairs/replacements mine will need in the near future . . . (y)
I don't give a stuff what it looks like really (as all the cracked plastics and scratched/dented panels will testify to), as long as it keeps running. :p

Do you use the water-mist method to apply it?
No, just put it on really, the stuff is quite thick and not too bad to put on, saying that i will try to have an extra pair of hands available next time, lol

I think I'll save my money for the inevitable mechanical repairs/replacements mine will need in the near future . . . (y)
I don't give a stuff what it looks like really (as all the cracked plastics and scratched/dented panels will testify to), as long as it keeps running. :p
A sensible choice when you own a Multipla... I'm not very worried about dents or scratches either but broken/missing trims is another story...

Btw does anyone know how the front wings are attached, with bolts or welded, one of mine is getting rather rusty where it has a bigish dent

PuntoSutty... here is a couple of pics of the rusty dent i mentioned...

943723_10202552735004490_53025150_n.jpg

554915_10202552735044491_1443294283_n.jpg

In the dark, but I think you can still see quite clearly how deep the dent is?

It's repairable just depends what tools you have to hand. If you can get behind it and try to push it out using a small hammer. Also remember to knock any high points on the side you can see down too as a dent goes both in and out which is what holds it in. Depends if it's worth the hassle of repairing when you could replace nice and cheap?

It's repairable just depends what tools you have to hand. If you can get behind it and try to push it out using a small hammer. Also remember to knock any high points on the side you can see down too as a dent goes both in and out which is what holds it in. Depends if it's worth the hassle of repairing when you could replace nice and cheap?
Thank you! That's what I was thinking (y)... replacing would be way quicker (well it should be, I might get stuck, lol), and cheaper I think as it needs to be painted...

Thank you! That's what I was thinking (y)... replacing would be way quicker (well it should be, I might get stuck, lol), and cheaper I think as it needs to be painted...

Should be able to get a wing for under 30 quid delivered. Should be straight forward just take your time and remember where everything goes. Is there any damage to head light and/or side reapeater? Yeah it will more than likely need repainting unless you can do a decent pdr job.

As some of you know all too well :rolleyes: my Multi has been off the road for a while with no clutch (just pipe but bad enough, lol) but now that I've fixed her she got the new wheels put on which I've had laying around for ages...

You'll have to excuse the bad pic quality (it was darkish) and general muddiness, lol. oh and those dents, I will get some wings now soon. (y)

but I love how those black wheels look on my Multi :worship:

i like the wheels, do you have any pics of the whole car? i mean side on so we can see the wheels on the car properly.

i'm going down the abarth route with mine.
i also have a spare multipla i'm going to be breaking soon as that's what the abarth kit came off. :D

Last edited:
i like the wheels, do you have any pics of the whole car? i mean side on so we can see the wheels on the car properly.

i'm going down the abarth route with mine.
i also have a spare multipla i'm going to be breaking soon as that's what the abarth kit came off. :D

Thank you, they are my first refurb project (y) (next one starts now that the other wheels are off)

and yes I will get some proper pics when the car is cleaned, was just too excited to finally have the wheels on to wait, lol

Just out of interest which colour is your spare Multi? I will eventually need a couple of front wings for mine.

Abarth sounds very interesting, looking forward to pics

my spares car is the wrong colour as it's a light bluey/green colour.
if you want them though you can have them, don't want anything for them.

as far as pics of my abarth kit i wont be uploading pics on here simply because i don't know how to do it.:confused:
i started a thread on here of the mrs car a while back and because i didn't follow the forum rules some pics got removed. (n) afterwards i did try to do it as per the forum rules but it didn't work :bang: so gave up trying.

Last edited:
my spares car is the wrong colour as it's a light bluey/green colour.
if you want them though you can have them, don't want anything for them.

as far as pics of my abarth kit i wont be uploading pics on here simply because i don't know how to do it.:confused:
i started a thread on here of the mrs car a while back and because i didn't follow the forum rules some pics got removed. (n) afterwards i did try to do it as per the forum rules but it didn't work :bang: so gave up trying.

:doh:

a reminder to myself to actually read though that thread on what is and isn't allowed.... :idea: but that's a bit like reading through the manual before asking questions, :rolleyes: ;)

Back