Styling This is Mungo

Currently reading:
Styling This is Mungo

Opinion?

• Total voters

Rich P

This is Mungo,
Its taken me a while getting it to this stage but its just about to pass (X fingers) its MOT this Wednesday. It came with a dodgy MOT from a guy in Essex. I have no idea how they passed it as it was a total bag of stuff!
Any who, I took it off the road straight away and started with the body kit as it had been really badly fitted. then I realized exactly what a plum I'd bought so decided to go the whole hog on the outside.
Now I wish that I'd started with the mechanical side of things as its just cost me the best part of a grand to get ready for a proper MOT. That's why you should always check out everything before getting carried away making it look pretty on the outside.
Right then enough chit chat and on with some pics,
more to follow when i get round to it.

Attachments

• SL270688.JPG
    SL270688.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 92
  • SL270692.JPG
    SL270692.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 27
  • SL270702.JPG
    SL270702.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 21
  • SL274930.JPG
    SL274930.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 25
  • SL275202.JPG
    SL275202.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 33
Well I'm not going to be rude but I don't like the respray at all... can't make any sense out of the green and black combination - really weird and messy, possibly worse than before.

I think it could be a good example of the kind of car that "modders" were trying to do a few years ago, but usually messed up with amateur enthusiasm, so as such it's OK. But if you're putting effort into doing ir right, hopefully you'll bite the bullet and have another go on the respray...

Kawasaki make a great job of excellent lime greeen and black paint jobs, so maybe take inspiration from them..

It looks like you've got a good finish, and fair play for spending money where it's needed to get it 1. safe 2. running!

I think green and black could work, but it's going to take you being much more sympathetic to the curves of the Bravo. So right now the line where the green and black meet seems just random. Perhaps a black car that drove into a very deep pool of green paint...? As above, I hope you can do a take 2, and get some photos of a plain white/silver bravo and experiment with the colours. I think something similar will work, but would need to follow the existing lines more.

Good luck :)

Its easy to see how shoddy the original paint job was. Well done putting it right and putting the mechanics right. I dont think the Bravo body shape could ever pull off a really special two tone paint job.

Ill look forward to an of your updates on the car Rich P (y)

This 500's paint job in the old yellow and blue like the 131's had is very nice. Maybe someone could photoshop a Bravo in a simillar layout.

Back