General Things You Hate About Your Bravo?

Currently reading:
General Things You Hate About Your Bravo?

Well having had the Bravo and having lived with it for three months now, I can say that I am pretty happy with the car and will be keeping her for a while.

If I had to list the things I don't like about the car they would be:

Seats too short offering no thigh support.
Steering too light offering no feel.
Oh and flat door handles or concealed rear ones would have been nice.

That's it really, which isn't too bad.

What are your gripes with the car and let's be honest...................

Last edited:
Hate? Nothing!

Minor iritations:
Clutch-foot accommodation inadequate
Hatchback sill too high
Nothing to grab when opening rear hatch
Thigh support
Chrome rings around dash dials and vents (reflections)
Too powerful for the Pirellis fitted as standard (150 T-Jet)
Fog/turn lights
When rear seats folded down, the floor is not flat
No loops (as on the B1) to pull up rear seats
Awkward when putting rear seats back re seatbelts (B1 had a holder for all 3 'sockets')

I think that's it. Minor niggles, nothing more.

as above.. i dont hate anything.. just little niggles

- no gas struts on the bonnet
- the boot can be awkward to grab sometimes and you have to get your hands dirty
- no clutch foot rest
- some interior plastics are easily marked

Seats: needs more support
Just under the steering wheel where the wires and ignition is. dont like it knees hit it

I don't hate anything about the car but there is niggles here and there

Example

Indicator keeps cancelling when indicating right

no usb port on my 08 plate active sport 120 :(

apart from that, can't really moan

The seats as you say don't offer enough leg support.Too short & Dare I say it without offending anyone were designed for more short legged Latinos.;)
Clutch rest would be a bonus!!! Can this be fitted as aftermarket option??
Apart from that so far so good, must get around to posting some pic's

Hellcat: did you get a new 16 steel wheel or one from a scrappie? Im wondering how many other fiats use a 16'' steel.

My dislikes of the Bravo are the light steering, very low ground clearance and the poor visibility(compared to the stilo before). Otherwise very happy after 12k miles.

Don't know what it is about FIAT and clutch rest plates
The B1 has one and pretty good it is too. There's more space between the pedal and the centre console, too.

Ooh yes, as 850kd says, front end clearance. God knows what it must be like on lowered cars.
God, and those who have lowered, obviously.

Last edited:
Mine is lowered 30mm on Eibachs and I've experienced no issues whatsoever. I didn't think the car was particularly low before anyway. What issues are you guys having with the car being low? Mine clears all the local speed bumps and believe me, there are a lot of them. I can pull up to kerbs in car parks and hang either end of the car over them without touching, seems alright to me..............................

I've scuffed the bolts which hold the lower arms to the subframe on a speed hump. Thought I'd removed the sump.. horrible noise. The speed bump was a fricking mountain though. Might go back at some time and measure it.

I'll be needing a bullet proof suit and a squad to save the car from being hijacked though. Rough place - explains why I wasn't really wanting to slow down too much for the hump!

I believe though that left hand drive Bravo's have clutch foot rest which is located next to the Bulkhead!!:confused:

Speed bumps I could fly over, centralised, in the B1, I have to take to one side in the B2 to avoid grounding.

You must be flying very low to ground your B2.

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

I have had no grounding issues, the B2 easily goes over the spped humps round here.

The Eibach sales guy told me that a big mistake that most drivers make is brake when approaching speed humps, this makes your car more likely to ground/hit the speed hump. He said suspension is well designed, suprisingly resilient and you should drive over them normally...........

Light Steering is something Fiat should consider fixing with some software update. While my Bravo was in Service I was given a 500 to drive and was surprised of how right feeling the steering wheel had.

Back