They think its all over

Currently reading:
They think its all over

Stuart

Prominent member

It is now!!

Jezzers contract not being renewed and the other 2 not recording without him..

Discuss..

I hate to say it, but it probably had to happen.

That doesn't detract from the fact I think it's very unfortunate, but unprovoked violence in the workplace is always going to result in disissal. I've worked with plenty people I wanted to lamp - and regardless of how tempting you just don't do it.

That said, the knives have been out for him for some time and in any case, the shows been crap for the past few years - save for some of this season.

I'd wager all three will be snapped up by C5/Sky/C4 at some point very soon!

The other 2 will have to watch they dont do anything detrimental to other bbc projects they have on the go

The show itself is long past its sell by date.

The specials were still a good watch, but the series were generally feeling very tired bar the odd thing here and there.

The big problem is, whether the bbc like it or not, there are no real replacements for the presenters. So the only way around it if the show is to continue is a radical revamp.

Some of the names being mentioned as possible replacements are dreadful. Having said that, and with a possible revamp of sorts on the cards, one name seems to stand out for me..... Eddie Irvine. He's the sort of character that could really add a new twist onto any kind of format they want, plus being an ex f1 driver, is perfect for road/track testing element.

I feel for the poor producer who is no doubt having to deal with the idiots on social media targetting him with their vitriol and made-up facts/opinions [attachment=1:1d6ukhvo]rolleyes.gif[/attachment:1d6ukhvo]

As for the future of the show, what's done is done and if the beeb have any sense then they'll not even try a new top gear format but come up with something completely different instead

It is a shame what has happened but the BBC really had no other option. There is is no way forward for top gear except for a change in direction. As it has been mentioned the show has been going down hill for a while. As for Jodie Kidd as a presenter C5 have her on the classic car show which although some of the chatter between features is a bit week is a brilliant show.

I don't think it will be Dave, (as weird as it would be),

Sky will pay them big bucks.

Hell, even before the sacking was official, Murdoch said on twitter the BBC would be mad to sack him.... was a "hint hint" moment.

Back