General These lot have got a cheek

Currently reading:
General These lot have got a cheek

Spent last few days driving around in a MG rover..........errrr something (420?) was only 3 years old and what a piece of crap.Plastic/trim is awful & its just so dated & unrefined.It was so bad that last night I ignored it & took home a builders scudo van complete with half eaten sandwiches,tools rattling around in back,copy of 'the sport' and it wasn't even a turbo but I prefered it to the rover!

Shame we adopt this attitude, the 75 was a very good car, and the v8 even more so, if we weren’t all a bunch of back stabbing b*ds maybe we would still have a car industry. The K series engine was a very cleaver design and the 1.8 vvc could make a vtec feel lumpy, The 600 was also a good car the 620ti was unbelievably quick built on the same platform as the accord. Rover 827 as used by the police which means that they where comfortable fast and reliable The 200 wasn’t bad when it was first launch but like a lot of the rover products it wasn’t replaced when it should have been, instead it was left to defend itself against cars designed 2 decades after it was first conceived.

Shame we adopt this attitude

We didn't the rover lot did

if we weren’t all a bunch of back stabbing b*ds maybe we would still have a car industry.

Think your getting a bit serious and need to take some medication. The Rover group failed as they were not as good as the competition in many ways and managed very poorly. That is not the consumers or the country's fault or anyone who decided to buy a different type of car. Yes there were some good cars already said so as I had a 3 dr 216GSI but that was more due to Honda than Rover.

The K series engine was a very cleaver design

The 16v K series was Rovers engine not Honda's and was an abortion of a thing from the start with many MANY failed units even from New, as well as problems with the Oil & Water pump. In comparison the FIRE unit was a huge success and VERY reliable.

Your not a member of that site by any chance are you?

Back