25012010063.jpg

Stilo The No1 GP Schumacher Project. Please.

Introduction

Hi so here is my New Schumi. (05 35k miles)
25012010063.jpg

Yes i know its a crappy mobile pic. Ill get her back out for a couple of decent pics at the weekend.

So the plan is to sell some old speakers and give the body work a good going over. There are a few nicks and dinks but once they are sorted the exterior will be top notch.
The wheels are a little scuffed so they need a refurb. Im thinking of having them powder coated so i will have a play on photoshop when i get a minute.

Again i have no pics but the next thing will be to put in my reclining sports seats and smaller aftermarket steering wheel. :wave: Bye Bye Airbags.

Then i have the install to start just as soon as i pay for a warranty and window tints so no twocer can see in.

If anybody has any comments or ideas then im all ears.

Stu
Loving the exhaust - bet your glad they didn't get it squint in any way. I was paranoid about mine when it was in as I've seen so many that just haven't been put on straight, does my head in lol

Really liking the seats as well, great match for the interior. I like the standard Stilo seats as they are pretty comfortable but I've always craved some more support, so guessing the seats you've fitted are rather better for making "progress" down the twisty B-roads and such :D

Yeah its always nervy geting an exhaust done but i knew he would do a good job after my last car.

Im really skinny so the seats arnt as supportive as they could be but certainly better. I found that the standard seats were a little too comfy and i was slouching. Being a designer i slouch in my seat at work all day so im sorting out a proper decent seat to stop me doing it and then those for the car. That way i have a chance of saving my already bad back.

Next things on the list is a new steering wheel and something that im going to keep a secret until its done as im lazy. I dont want anybody doing similar before me lol.

Ok so new steering wheel and car mats

12092010206.jpg

12092010209.jpg

And Ipod adaptor tucked behind the dash. This is the Pioneer Ipbus one and the quality is amazing.

11092010198.jpg

On Monday the car is going for a bit of work. The passenger door has had a bit of a dodgy respray in the past so they are going to sort that (before and after pics will follow).
I curbed one of the alloys slightly so that one is going to be refurbed.
The Brake callipers are being painted red and i lost the toe ring cover on the front bumper so they are painting the new one for me.
All for £220 which is a good price IMO.

Last edited:
I think after a long discussion on the pro's and cons i can fit the K&N Typhoon Induction kit. Its £280 and it still might not work properly but im going to take the plunge. I just need to wait till pay day :-(

I bought the wheel purely for drivability so suede just doesnt cut the mustard. Its amazing how much more feedback you get from the car with a well designed wheel. Its not an easy decision to make when you cant really try or even hold them but i did well.

Last edited:
Well the typhoon comes out on top after a quite lengthy study. I say it may not work because cone induction on na engines generally drop torque no matter what graphs say.
The plan is to bung up the breather pipe on the kit and put a K&N Mini filter on the cars breather. This way we wont get hot air and oil vapour going into the air intake. This method also slightly improves the octane of the fuel as its not being watered down by oil.
Just by shortening the path from the convoluted oe intake system i should be on to a winner but having mesh rather than the plastic insert trim on the bumper will help a grat deal. Until i hit a ford anyway.

Well the typhoon comes out on top after a quite lengthy study. I say it may not work because cone induction on na engines generally drop torque no matter what graphs say.
The plan is to bung up the breather pipe on the kit and put a K&N Mini filter on the cars breather. This way we wont get hot air and oil vapour going into the air intake. This method also slightly improves the octane of the fuel as its not being watered down by oil.
Just by shortening the path from the convoluted oe intake system i should be on to a winner but having mesh rather than the plastic insert trim on the bumper will help a grat deal. Until i hit a ford anyway.

I have picked up the car after a couple of days in the body shop.
They did a couple of boring things. Paint toe ring eye cover as mine went missing. Just the unpainted cover cost me £25 :mad: Then they touched in a kirb mark on the wheel and put the Schumacher badge back on the NS side skirt.
Then they resprayed the NS door. It must of had an accident on that side. When i got the car there was a dent under the rub strip where the repair hadnt been done 100% and a couple of the rub strip clips had snapped. Anyway they had resprayed over some kind of grease so the paint in a small patch was raised and the top near the window had gone slightly matt where the lacquering was poor. This is all fixed and no longer annoys me when i look in the NS wing mirror when driving.

Soo the more fun bits.
Not the best pic and the colour does match but red painted Calipers. :)
21092010214.jpg

Colour coded aerial :D
21092010215.jpg

Colour coded grille :devil:
21092010213.jpg

I really need to order the wind deflectors. Do you find yours stop rain coming in with the window part open? Yours are tinted arent they?

As for spacers i was thinking 10mm front and 20 rear?

i think thats a good ammount, thats what i want to do :eek: if/when you order them, let me know, order at the same time, maybe save a bit on postage....

also yes, the wind deflectors are tinted...this is a link to it:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIAT-STILO-3-doors-01-07-wind-deflectors-2pc-set-/200438860198?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2eab1649a6

yeh when there an 1/8 open you get no rain, no matter what its doing outside....when there a 1/4 open, you get a bit at low speed, not so much at high speed...and they look cool :)

wanna swap bumpers :p?

also where can i get the schumi spoiler????

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back