General The mountain goat

Currently reading:
General The mountain goat

Big gerry

Hi everyone as a panda 4x4 owner now for just two years near on every week the wee car surprises me we just had or first snow grant you not as much as some people.so I decided to take it out and find some hills it was just outstanding who ever designed the 4x4 system new his stuff. that wee feeling you get driving by a car maybe two or three times what your panda was the look you get is worth every penny I’d love to see any pictures of your panda in places were it shouldn’t belong

Attachments

• IMG_2074.jpeg
    IMG_2074.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 56
Hi everyone as a panda 4x4 owner now for just two years near on every week the wee car surprises me we just had or first snow grant you not as much as some people.so I decided to take it out and find some hills it was just outstanding who ever designed the 4x4 system new his stuff. that wee feeling you get driving by a car maybe two or three times what your panda was the look you get is worth every penny I’d love to see any pictures of your panda in places were it shouldn’t belong

We had the tyres replaced on our Panda 4x4 back in November, they’re Goodyear Vector four seasons gen 3, anyway we had a bit of snow here a couple of weeks ago and the performance of the car on steep roads covered in snow round about where I live was amazing I was driving up and down local roads that I’d never go near ordinarily with any of our cars or my van.

Astonishing, plus I never once thought the car was going to lose it/slide.

We had the tyres replaced on our Panda 4x4 back in November, they’re Goodyear Vector four seasons gen 3, anyway we had a bit of snow here a couple of weeks ago and the performance of the car on steep roads covered in snow round about where I live was amazing I was driving up and down local roads that I’d never go near ordinarily with any of our cars or my van.

Astonishing, plus I never once thought the car was going to lose it/slide.
I would totally agree on having good tyres I’ve bf goodridge on the front and Michelins on the back

BTW, we had a Nissan X-Trail years ago and I don’t think it was anywhere near as sure footed as the Panda on dodgy roads/weather the car was too heavy for the sort of stuff the Panda excels at IMO, great car the Nissan but massive in comparison.

I would totally agree on having good tyres I’ve bf goodridge on the front and Michelins on the back
I have Pirelli P1's all round & an original Goodyear Duragrip as a spare as I have a full size spare wheel & also running Brembo discs & pads, the tyres were £320 with 15% off, the pads were half price at £33 at ECP & I got the discs off someone on eBay who'd bought the wrong part & got them for £20, I'll only get well known brands when it comes to thing like tyres, brakes & suspension stuff but you can get the premium stuff without paying the premium prices just by shopping around a bit, I've had loads of bargains just by haggling on eBay

Last edited:
you can get the premium stuff without paying the premium prices just by shopping around a bit
The trick is to anticipate what you need and buy it when you see a good price.

If you wait until you actually need it, the best deals seem to magically vanish.

Current parts supply chain issues sometimes leave you with no good options if you need to keep the car on the road.

The trick is to anticipate what you need and buy it when you see a good price.

If you wait until you actually need it, the best deals seem to magically vanish.

Current parts supply chain issues sometimes leave you with no good options if you need to keep the car on the road.
I couldn't agree more, that's exactly how I do it as well, if I see something for a really good deal & think I'll need it at some point in the future I'll buy it, I think my best deal with the Panda was the armster armrest which I was thinking of buying at the time anyway & just browsing through ebay one evening I came across 1 new in the box as the owner had sold the car, it had a 99p starting bid so I put that as the first bid & forgot all about it, about 5-6 days later got an email saying i'd won it for 99p 😂

I’d love to see any pictures of your panda in places were it shouldn’t belong
Here’s one of mine after the snow in Cumbria back at the beginning of December when they declared a major incident. It was a beast that day. Went and rescued a colleague, used back roads deep in snow when main roads were blocked. Also enjoyed driving past “FAUX by 4s”, SUVs on summer tyres etc way more than I should have done.
IMG_1265.jpeg

This was 20mins or so after it trundled up the hill from its parking space next to this stranded bus.
IMG_1263.jpeg

And then drove around the stranded cars and these crashed ones!
IMG_1260.jpeg

Absolute little unit. Did us proud.

Here’s one of mine after the snow in Cumbria back at the beginning of December when they declared a major incident. It was a beast that day. Went and rescued a colleague, used back roads deep in snow when main roads were blocked. Also enjoyed driving past “FAUX by 4s”, SUVs on summer tyres etc way more than I should have done.
View attachment 436857
This was 20mins or so after it trundled up the hill from its parking space next to this stranded bus.
View attachment 436858
View attachment 436859

First class

View attachment 436857
View attachment 436858
View attachment 436859

That's what I love about Panda's, people take the p*** out of them but they can do so much that other bigger & more expensive cars can't 😂

I can no longer cobceive of conditions that the Panda woulc get stuck. In 20 18 it was ploughing throug snow up to the top of the wheels. On one trip it was so bad I couldnt see the ned of the bonnet. I panicked and stopped on a long 1 in 5 hill. Having decided is was pooh or bust I set off and it felt like it was on a dry road. Ive forded water up to the wheel tops and sweated I had over done it but its never hesitated. They really are quite remarkable

Attachments

• 20180228_085044.jpg
    20180228_085044.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 25
  • 20180302_074916.jpg
    20180302_074916.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 25
  • 20221216_123443.jpg
    20221216_123443.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 25
  • Panettone Iced Cake Fed Panda 28 Feb 18.jpg
    Panettone Iced Cake Fed Panda 28 Feb 18.jpg