Technical The front of my stereo fell off!

Currently reading:
Technical The front of my stereo fell off!

RUI

Get Your Own Tile
Just a quick one on what to do if it happens to you.

My stereo was working but only through the steering wheel controls, the buttons did not work on the stereo and the display on the stereo was not working.
As I am in the 3rd year of warranty I thought there was no point in contacting Fiat or any of the dealers and they will only say no.

I thought I would take the stereo out and have a look if it was a connection that was loose. I opened up the blanking plates on the stereo to take it out and the face of the thing came away in my hand!
It looks is if the stereo face is just held on by 2 very thin plastic tabs and they were snapped..My stereo also was held in by some stick on velcro so it looks like it may have been broken before I got the car and some one thought they would velcro it back together!

I tried pushing it back in and it worked the buttons worked and the display was working..until i drove the car and it stopped working again.

I eventually just took the velcro out and pushed the face back on and it has been working 100% for the last couple of weeks.

If your display stops working of the buttons stop then this may be the problem.

Back