20230210_142237.jpg

Multipla The Frog

Introduction

Here 'The Frog' is - outside my workplace in the rain today.

Used as daily transport to work as high driving position good on our narrow North Yorkshire Moor roads...

Airbag lights came back on yesterday, seems to be a recurring issue but done over a year since last fault.

No intention of.selling it ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Used as daily transport to work as high driving position good on our narrow North Yorkshire Moor roads...
Airbag lights came back on yesterday, seems to be a recurring issue but done over a year since last fault.

ooohh, my first was a greeny - looks grand.
A while back for me but Air bag lights are normally connectors under seats ? Even mk 2 upgraded ones still do it.
Really tight bends I seem to remember putting stress on connector ??
I would have cut connectors out and soldered the wires next.

I am planning to get my mk1 back on the road. 80% of work done but ran out of time and daylight 2 summers ago.
I started her first turn of the key last month which is a good sign.

I'm loving the colour, and the stickers on the back a real lol moment..so very glad to know their are bug fans still out their yes the high driving position is quite exemplary...mine in the doctors can't waite to Roll on down the Highway..๐Ÿ˜
Long live the frog ( is that a original colour?) It looks great๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘

Finally its back on the road :)

After six years of being parked up and slowly getting overgrown by the hedge the Multipla is back on the road.
Surprisingly most of the electrics, lights, windows, sunroofs etc worked, brakes didn't need much attention but its had a new clutch, cambelt, four new tyres, anti-roll bar links, battery, washer jets, passenger fuse box (dodgy side lights) air bag ecu and rotary coupling (the original reason it got abandoned - light stuck on) and a bit of welding on the outer sill box sections. Pressure washed it off and blacked the faded bumpers and it looks like a different car.
I'm work in motor trade so most parts at cost or from well known auction site - always helps.

Straight through the MOT yesterday, air bag light cancelled :):)

Now taxed and insured and back on the road with just a noisy fan belt tensioner to replace.

Next to do will be cavity wax in box sections, upgraded radio speakers and a good polish outside and clean inside.....

Hopefully should give a few years good service :D:D
Hi I take it you use waxoil or something similar that's a A1 idea must do the same regards Ellbasteedo.

Hi, it's the original factory colour, it's a 2000 Xreg but we inherited the number plate from the previous owner.
The stickers I got from a company I found on Ebay, they do any size, font, colour and the inspiration was original sticker the first cars had on the rear window - I've also got two green frogs ๐Ÿธ to add at some point ๐Ÿ˜€
I've cavity waxed it and sprayed various treatments into the box sections from time to time after periods of dry weather, the roof lacquer is peeling quite badly now so I think I'll bit the bullet and get it resprayed, not many left now so hopefully and they will go up in value...

The bonnet on mine was pretty flakey too but I managed to get that resprayed before I left the motor trade.
There were a few patches on the roof but it's spreading now.. and onto top of tailgate๐Ÿ˜ช

Hi, it's the original factory colour, it's a 2000 Xreg but we inherited the number plate from the previous owner.
The stickers I got from a company I found on Ebay, they do any size, font, colour and the inspiration was original sticker the first cars had on the rear window - I've also got two green frogs ๐Ÿธ to add at some point ๐Ÿ˜€
I've cavity waxed it and sprayed various treatments into the box sections from time to time after periods of dry weather, the roof lacquer is peeling quite badly now so I think I'll bit the bullet and get it resprayed, not many left now so hopefully and they will go up in value...
Hi, very late replay, I have only seen two bugs in the last year, such a shame, but that's the first frog iv'e ever seen it really looks great!๐Ÿ™‚ the stickers were of great interest, I will look them up, when I find a relayerble welder that don't let me down โ˜น. You would think prople would want jobs like welding? allass not so, all the best my friend thanks for the information. Regards Ellbasteedo ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ‘.

Back