The Dread "WAIT" Display

Currently reading:
The Dread "WAIT" Display

blozzer

Hello, I bought a 2007 Fiat Mutipla on Sat 3rd Oct. It has the dreaded WAIT on the radio display. I know you have to leave the ignition and radio switched on for two hours to enable you to enter the code. My question is, can I connect the blue wire(ignition +) to the constant + red wire so the radio switches on without the ignition switch turned so only the radio is draining the battery. Will this allow the radio to countdown the 2 hours ? Any info much appreciated.

I don't know what colour wiring the Multipla has, but yes.... if you connect the permanent live and ignition switched supplies together, that will eventually defeat the "WAIT" message. Depending on how many times a wrong code has been tried, it could be up to 24 hours.

If you don't have the correct code, post the radio details on this thread: https://www.fiatforum.com/i-c-e/85204-one-only-code-fiat-radio-thread-290.html then I should be able to get the code for you.

Re: The Dreaded "WAIT" Display

It worked a treat, after 4 hours, hey presto it switched on and the battery was fine. It saved me from a trip to Halfords for a fascia and new stereo :)

Back