The Dash Camera Thread (Videos)

Currently reading:
The Dash Camera Thread (Videos)

The guy said he spoke with the driver - who apologised.
He also said he didn't want to get anyone into trouble!

Best to wait until he kills someone & let the authorities deal with it at that time then?

Isn't this ones the Daily Mail now and been reported to the police?

so much for not wanting to get people in trouble

Anyway you could mount it higher, maybe behind your rearview mirror to cure the focusing issue?

That's where it's placed now, as far up as possible behind the mirror.

Think your setting is wrong on the camera
That doesn't look 720p to me, i know youtube messes it up a lil, but i think when it was rendered out it was upscaled, but that never works lol

Ziggy

Settings certain on 720p - Switched it from 1080p to 720 as, as you know it's only some kind of scaling that makes it the 1080.

Silly question but have you removed the protective cover off of the lens? This will cause those focusing issues you seem to be having ;)

Absolutely I'm not a complete idiot. No I hadn't. There was no film on the lens, but was on the IR sensors?

Isn't this ones the Daily Mail now and been reported to the police?

so much for not wanting to get people in trouble

http://www.scotsman.com/news/transport/driver-charged-after-dashcam-captures-a9-near-miss-1-3702664

And

http://www.ross-shirejournal.co.uk/...ead-to-action-at-Tomich-junction-27022015.htm

How is this a "dangerous junction"? Look on google streetview & even with the leaves on the trees, you get a fantastic view of the A9 in both directions. Jim was even driving his transit - so should stand out more than a sports car (for example). It only becomes dangerous when idiots get behind the wheel - and this guy not wanting to report the lorry driver simply beggars belief.

OR, saw the transit coming in from the left (there is a good view of the road from quite a way back) & tried to adjust his approach speed in order to 'just' miss the back of the transit, slide in behind it & not lose any major amounts of speed.
I've not examined the vid in detail but the cam guy might've spotted the lorry coming out & erred on the side of caution by hitting his brakes - thereby spoiling the lorry driver's calculations so he ended up in front rather than behind?
Nice little game to play if you're on the load count & time is money. I wonder if they all play that game - hence the 'dangerous junction' moniker?

Utter Scum, When you see why

No tax or MOT.png

I'd be almost sure he's uninsured tooo

Ziggy

You'd think that driving without insurance, MOT etc would make people drive in a way that didn't draw attention to themselves!

Report this idiot! :bang:

Not sure how to put a video but i bought a cheapo dashcam just to see if i actually use it. Heres a test video:

[ame]http://youtu.be/1buSbpq6VXw[/ame]

I think its pretty naf to be honest, keeps jumping?

Quality isn't bad, defiantly better than nothing, what class sd card do you have in it? Also give the SD card a proper format on a computer not just a quick format and see if it helps.

Thanks for the replies guys. The cards a 32gb.....no idea what class...or how to find out :(. I also have no idea how to format the thing pahaha!

I'm useless!!

Thanks for the replies guys. The cards a 32gb.....no idea what class...or how to find out :(. I also have no idea how to format the thing pahaha!

I'm useless!!

Google a free prog called "sd formatter". Once you've run the card through this prog, you really should format the card in the device itself, the majority of cams are quirky about this (although they often run fine without formatting in cam!)

Back