Panda (Classic) The Camel Panda!

Currently reading:
Panda (Classic) The Camel Panda!

Hi, so I've been doing bits and bobs. learning as i go along.

Ive changed the engine and gear oil, fixed the leaking oil seal etc.

The body shop hasn't worked its magic on the door yet, there are a few spots of rust on different areas of the body so I'm working out whether its worth just doing the door or sort the whole body in one go.

The guys who owns the body shop absolutely loves it so has offered to do it for cost.

I am fabricating a new solid full size roof rack because the existing one wasn't up to much, I've basically done all the welding and the powdercoaters should pick it up on Thursday.

Ive made the new roof rack with the thought of putting spot lights along the front edge of it. If i do this i might also matt black the bonnet with vinyl like some of the old Camel Discoveries.

I will keep you updated on progress, although I'm only getting time to do bits and bobs at the moment.

In other news,

I'm having trouble with my grey Sisley.

After changing the starter motor it was starting and running fine for a bit.

But now no fuel is getting to the engine, i changed the fuel filter but nothing is getting pulled from the tank (its not empty, i put an extra 5L in).

I don't know whether its dodgy old fuel lines or the fuel pump.

What do you reckon?

Yes i still have the original one, i'm reusing (not editing) the origonal brackets and using 10x20mm box to make a new bigger frame while keeping all the original components.

The roof rack wasn't in mint condition. it was actually suffering from a lot of rust with mismatched machine screws holding it together.

Yes i still have the original one, i'm reusing (not editing) the origonal brackets and using 10x20mm box to make a new bigger frame while keeping all the original components.

The roof rack wasn't in mint condition. it was actually suffering from a lot of rust with mismatched machine screws holding it together.

Hi Rowan.

Did you sell Camel in the end. Would love to contact the current owner. PM me up!

Hi Rowan.

Did you sell Camel in the end. Would love to contact the current owner. PM me up!
Rowan still owned the Camel when I bought his other Sisley off him in June 2018 - he hasn't used Fiat Forum since 2017 though! I can't speak for if he owns it now or not but he didn't tell me he had any plans to sell it back then!

Rowan still owned the Camel when I bought his other Sisley off him in June 2018 - he hasn't used Fiat Forum since 2017 though! I can't speak for if he owns it now or not but he didn't tell me he had any plans to sell it back then!

Cheers for the update dude.
If you have his details from the sale, feel free to ping him mine to contact.

Cheers for the update dude.
If you have his details from the sale, feel free to ping him mine to contact.
Hey Crashtest, sorry for the delay in replying - been digging for a while and eventually stumbled across an email. Couldn't find a number or anything anymore but I've got his eBay name. I'll PM it to you now!

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back