Panda The Black Rat aka my 100hp

Currently reading:
Panda The Black Rat aka my 100hp

I'd go for Dark edition Gav since u have black Panda. Smoke would be visible. Dark would give u stealth look. If u still not sure u can always Photoshop both to see which u'd prefer. (y)

Yeah just not sure how visible the indication would be through the dark edition! They are €25 before delivery also

After getting all the bits together to start on the ICE, do I spray the stereo surround black?

Update

So what do we have here?!

View attachment 116007

Taaa Daaa! Been waiting patiently for a couple of weeks for this as stocks had run out and a new batch was being made!

View attachment 116008

View attachment 116009

View attachment 116010

Just making sure everything is there and off to fit it!

can you post a link to were you got this from please?

also the red looks sweet in the engine bay! how easy was it to fit?

i do really need to get more involved with modding mine like cooperman and demi!

can you post a link to were you got this from please?

also the red looks sweet in the engine bay! how easy was it to fit?

i do really need to get more involved with modding mine like cooperman and demi!

I got it from euro performance. It was the cheapest I could find but it took about 3/4 weeks to arrive. If you want it a bit quicker you can pick it up on eBay for around £10 more than I paid for it.

Just a word of warning, although it fits. It has been made for the 500 1.4 engine so part of it needs to be tweaked. I have spoken to Pipercross but they said they didn't have a 100hp available to them at the time of designing it. That said the noise is great at 3k-4k revs lol

Welcome to 100hp modding ... Your bank balance will never the the same again lol

Update

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1368868344.626158.jpg

The cables have arrived! So now begins the install! Missing from the picture are the RCA's and the power lead so this should be interesting!

Still trying to decide where to mount the iPhone? Any thoughts? I was going to pop it in the glovebox

Update

View attachment 117449

The cables have arrived! So now begins the install! Missing from the picture are the RCA's and the power lead so this should be interesting!

Still trying to decide where to mount the iPhone? Any thoughts? I was going to pop it in the glovebox

LOL Gav, good luck with that spaghetti mate :D.

U know how I love giving ideas for mods :rolleyes:, so here is what I did for my iPhone dock.

Cut and bent alloy plate into shape to follow the set route. Spayed id black, back plate too to look professional. This bracket gonna sit level with the bottom of the head unit on the right hand side of it with the iPhone sited in the gap between head unit and instrument cluster but high enough so that steering wheel doesn't obstruct it. :devil: :D

Yeah I was looking there but didn't want to drill the dash! I was thinking of running the cable to the cup holders and mounting it down there.

In my Mini, I mounted it in the armrest so it was hidden away but not much chance of that in the Panda!!

Last edited:
Thats exactly what I made! :D Mine doesn't hook over to cluster side thats why back hand is soo long coz it feeds through just like Brodit but I'll fix it to the head units cage.

How much is this bracket?

Update

It's all in! Ran out of time yesterday but just finished it all off. Ill sort out a how to on another day but I think the photos show the amount of cabling you end up with! I've added Bluetooth to the head unit too so that should do for the time being.

So this is what I started with:

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1368965374.632106.jpg

Using the usual stereo removal tools:

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1368965408.826912.jpg

Once removed, I wasn't expecting this!

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1368965451.648032.jpg

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1368965475.549882.jpg

Once all removed, I needed to add some clips to the Facia adaptor:

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1368965520.710937.jpg

So all empty ... For the moment!

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1368965563.597383.jpg

Then spaghetti junction arrived!

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1368965678.931353.jpg

All in! Bluetooth mic in place too

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1368965765.332047.jpg

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1368965789.428256.jpg

Update

It's all in! Ran out of time yesterday but just finished it all off. Ill sort out a how to on another day but I think the photos show the amount of cabling you end up with! I've added Bluetooth to the head unit too so that should do for the time being.

So this is what I started with:

View attachment 117521

Using the usual stereo removal tools:

View attachment 117522

Once removed, I wasn't expecting this!

View attachment 117523

View attachment 117524

Once all removed, I needed to add some clips to the Facia adaptor:

View attachment 117525

So all empty ... For the moment!

View attachment 117526

Then spaghetti junction arrived!

View attachment 117527

All in! Bluetooth mic in place too

View attachment 117531

View attachment 117532

looks great. does the single din space at the top sit flush to the outer border?

looks great. does the single din space at the top sit flush to the outer border?

Not fully. It's a very slim bit of plastic but I'm thinking of putting some gauges or a scangauge up there so ill push it out a bit more

Not fully. It's a very slim bit of plastic but I'm thinking of putting some gauges or a scangauge up there so ill push it out a bit more

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1368972915.365945.jpg

I had the same squashy problem with mine too. I took it out this morning and noticed 2 little plastic lugs that don't fit flush so cause the squashed appearance.
So...... Out with the Dremil. 2 minutes later! Job done

I dread to think how tight a double din is in the space! The amount of cabling is horrendous!!

I dread to think how tight a double din is in the space! The amount of cabling is horrendous!!

If I dont forget, I ll take a picture of mine 2 din unit Gav.... U dont want to be in my shoes mate! My head unit apart from usual power and main cable plug, mic and FM antenna also has USB lead at the back, 1 DAB antenna with a DAB Module (that I tucked under glove compartment) also has 2 separate antennas for freeview TV, an Iphone lead! and I can add another 3-4 cables for rear camera, AMP or any other additions for rear passengers. Thats is after me having to cut a bracket at the back, inside that opening because head unit was sticking out by an 1 inch out :eek:.

Panda was not designed to have 2 dins!!! :bang:

I was thinking of a double din but it sounds like hard work if I'm honest lol

The plug is so big it didn't go through the holes so its just squished in the back lol

Update (sort of)

Although not modifications, I have invested in one of these together with a few other bits from the Autobrite range.

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1369745175.614325.jpg

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1369745188.507214.jpg

I've also bought an x-hose to make the cleaning bits a little easier to pack away lol

After looking at wheels I'm starting the hanker for these bad boys!! Thoughts?

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1370068750.817746.jpg

Back