The best punto, Mk2a or Mk2b ?

Currently reading:
The best punto, Mk2a or Mk2b ?

mk2 defo the best i love the headlights and the body lines, the 2.5 lost its edge and looks girly at the front, but then again the punto is a girls car so i guess fiat would say thats a good thing, the symettrical rear lights were an improvement but the reflectors on the rear bumper are wrong. the grande looks good on tv but in real life it was a let down for me, a bit plain and boring inside and out. best thing about the grande is that it'll bring down the prices of the mk2/2.5.

Im gunna get shot for this but I actually prefer the mk2, only reason I brought the mk2b in the first place was because my dad refused to let me buy a used car after the amount of problems my first car gave me.

The 2b front end is starting to grow on me which is a good thing considering I've had the car for 6 months now and have at least another 6 months before I can consider changing it for a more powerful Fiat.

The rear lights of the mk2b are better than the mk2 but the mk2 has a better rear bumper when compared to the mk2b Active however if you have a mk2b Active Sport or higher than that has the nicest rear bumper out of the lot of them imo.

The only mk2 bumpers that I am a big fan of are the Abarth ones, without them the mk2 HGT just doesnt look agressive enough for what it is.

Anyway thats the end of my long winded opinion LOL

Well i think the Mk2a is the purer car than the B. However the B does sport the 1368 16v engine.

Also the B's suspension and ride height was softened up in comparison to the A.

I'd pick an A every day of the week although i'd be tempted by a sproting B.

James

Mk2a for me. Mk2b front end is a disgrace, much-too-much a cheap, ill-advised cloning of those accursed VWs. Mind, you the back end of any Mk2 is sheer class; I can't understand why FIAT dropped the gorgeous concave hatch for the Grande Punto. I didn't notice it robbing my Mk2a of any boot space. Perhaps it was the influence of is Vauxhall/Opel sibling.

the mk2a sporting for me! i think it looks better at the back and front i like the sharp edged lights at the back an the headlights look:cool: .

mk2b looks toooooooo plain(n)

mikstar said:
the mk2a sporting for me! i think it looks better at the back and front i like the sharp edged lights at the back an the headlights look:cool: .

QUOTE]

gotta admit u have a point there but ive said this once il say it again, puntos are cool either way ;)

mines getting there and i aint biased just feel the 2b has its positives as well

Back