General Test drove a twin air today.

Currently reading:
General Test drove a twin air today.

Must say I was very impressed. Mixture of roads, on A road at 60mph the instant mpg was hovering around 70mpg. Combined mpg for the drive was 56mpg which included sections "booting it", what a great engine note! (y)

Last edited:
Must say I was very impressed. Mixture of roads, on A road at 60mph the instant mpg was hovering around 70mpg. Combined mpg for the drive was 56mpg which included sections "booting it", what a great engine note! (y)

Welcome to the forum.

I ordered one last month and that was only after hearing the sound on youtube, well almost !! I didn’t do an extensive test drive.

Funny it may sound, you could spec the options and work your way back from ByDiesel to Lounge/Sport and see what fits best. Abarth is in a different class :devil:

I know I'm going to love the Abarth but I also really like the new tech in the twin air.

I'll probably go for the Lounge spec. I was thinking of adding leather etc. but was quite impressed by the basic spec. They had one in BNW with black/white check in the showroom and it looked cool.

I know I'm going to love the Abarth but I also really like the new tech in the twin air.

I'll probably go for the Lounge spec. I was thinking of adding leather etc. but was quite impressed by the basic spec. They had one in BNW with black/white check in the showroom and it looked cool.

The TA has a great sound, we went for red with black/white and ivory. I think they can do with more dark seat colours with ivory.

if keeping the car for a while get interscope, assuming you are into music and also order the free tom tom holder on the dash (its a hole in the dash to plug tom tom).

quite a few BNW owners here, is BNW the bluish white colour ?

The TA has a great sound, we went for red with black/white and ivory. I think they can do with more dark seat colours with ivory.

if keeping the car for a while get interscope, assuming you are into music and also order the free tom tom holder on the dash (its a hole in the dash to plug tom tom).

quite a few BNW owners here, is BNW the bluish white colour ?

HOW VERY DARE YOU BE ON THIS FORUM AND NOT KNOW WHAT BNW IS!!!!!!!!!

Only joking - it is bossa nova white. I.e., the white of 90% of the cars.

Leather is a good idea in my book. The lounge seats don't look all that (in my book anyway) and are easy to mark.

HOW VERY DARE YOU BE ON THIS FORUM AND NOT KNOW WHAT BNW IS!!!!!!!!!

Only joking - it is bossa nova white. I.e., the white of 90% of the cars.

bad bad bad, you acted to quickly and are making me see RED... I know what BNW is but was asking is it the blusih of the white colours. I saw a white 500 at dealers with a slight hint of blue, awsome colour I must say.

I reckon you are referring to cha cha cha azure. Now discontinued (I think).

ChaChaChaAzure_09.jpg

bad bad bad, you acted to quickly and are making me see RED... I know what BNW is but was asking is it the blusih of the white colours. I saw a white 500 at dealers with a slight hint of blue, awsome colour I must say.

I know what arorat is referring to on a bluish hue of the white. He is referring to the BNW and on certain light conditions in a show room (they're probably using daylight bulbs) it gives that effect.

THe cha cha is officially discounted - this was discussed in 'what colour'.

My wife has a BNW Lounge TwinAir with black and white check upholstery.

We've had it six weeks and put on over 2100 miles.

It's really enjoyable.

By the way, when I first saw BNW I thought I was on the wrong car forum. :p

My wife has a BNW Lounge TwinAir with black and white check upholstery.

We've had it six weeks and put on over 2100 miles.

It's really enjoyable.

By the way, when I first saw BNW I thought I was on the wrong car forum. :p

:) My current car is actually a BMW!

What sort of fuel figures are you getting from the twin air?

:) My current car is actually a BMW!

What sort of fuel figures are you getting from the twin air?

The fuel consumption of the TwinAir is widely discussed on this forum.

I get about the same consumption out of the TwinAir as I did out of my BMW 530D Touring when it was on a long run! :eek:

That's about 45mpg, but to be fair that's on give and take driving mainly round here.

Don't but a TA for economy- it's been mentioned time and time and time again.

in reality i'm looking forward to only 45mpg at the moment, anything else will be a bonus

Back