Temperature gauge reading???

Currently reading:
Temperature gauge reading???

A

andyb76

i would like to know what the temp gauge should read when upto temperature ie when pottering around town and then when travelling at national speed limit on the motorway

does the needle stay the same when travelling at speed as it does round town or does it drop slightly
how does everyone elses read

ANDY

02 marea weekend 100sx 7 SEATER
current mileage: 53500
Bigger is
much better

IMG-20101113-00005copy-1.jpg

Another mot done 5 mots and no advisories the old girl is looking good
ALL SERVICED INCLUDING FLUID CHANGE AND ALL READY TO GO FOR ANOTHER YEAR

Check out my Members Page for a list of the full mods

http://www.fiatboo.co.uk/members/367andykent.htm

Hey Andy,

My 2x HGT's used to get to just below half way when around town and slightly lower on the motorway (between half and quarter).

My 2.4JTD now goes just above quarter most of the time, and in this cold weather its hitting quarter and staying there.

When in traffic obviously it will rise to just above half before the fan kicks in.

Darren

all my weekends 20v have only got to qtr, in teh cold weather, and it stays there on a motorway run, it goes up in traffic, but come summer always at half way

well my brava used to get to just under half way and stayed there whether on a run or round town and when to nearly the dot above half before the fan kicks in.
my marea used to sit just under half also and again almost to the dot above half before the fan kicks in.
but since the fluid change it now only goes to the dot below half and then when driving around goes even lower so not 100% sure whats happening im thinking perhaps the thermostat is playing up like sven suggested in another thread when i asked but im not sure???

How is the heating inside Andy? Thermostat opens at 82 degrees, If its giving normal heat out inside the car I don't think there is anything to worry about. Also Having just changed the coolant you migh have a bit of an airlock

I just read the other thread and it does sound like the thermostat has had it

my car runs at half way mark (running temp) around town,if i go on the motorway it cools down..due to getting cold air quicker i imagine?

Mike

mikey_sig2.jpg

A Fiat Marea in a Bravo Shell..Its good to be different ;)
Now with working Steering Wheel Controls :)
FC Performance chip> 160bhp est.

well guys i spoke to fiat the other day and they said the temp gauge should sit at half way around town on the bravo/a marea range and maybe slightly less on the motorway so i got a new thermostat fitted and hey presto gauge now shows half way around town and only moves a fraction lower when going at speed so all sorted now and its lovely and hot again

aparently mine has a 2 stage thermostat and it was getting stuck and you could push it with your fingers
so if any of you have any different readings could mean the thermostat might not be working properly

my thermostat for my 1.6 was £55 so not to cheap but nevermind at least its all sorted and just in time as we have had heavy snow this afternoon

ANDY

02 marea weekend 100sx 7 SEATER
current mileage: 53500
Bigger is
much better

IMG-20101113-00005copy-1.jpg

Another mot done 5 mots and no advisories the old girl is looking good
ALL SERVICED INCLUDING FLUID CHANGE AND ALL READY TO GO FOR ANOTHER YEAR

Check out my Members Page for a list of the full mods

http://www.fiatboo.co.uk/members/367andykent.htm

did you fit it yourself buddy?

RAT20V_MAREA2_sig.jpg

Fiat Marea Weekend 2.0 20v HLX 147 83k and so far so good!

Down & Out Stickers available only here bravo and marea weekend only £5 incl delivery

Yes never underestimate the affect of a shafted thermostat.

I replaced mine on the 147 engine shortly after I bought it and it made a massive difference to operating temperatures.

Longest Serving BOO Member
sigwf.jpg

1997 2.0ltr Fiat Coupe
- FC Performance Chipped
- Widget installed in dashboard
- EBC YellowStuff with 3G Discs