Technical temp sender unit and door locking switch

Currently reading:
Technical temp sender unit and door locking switch

nmcd1963

Hi Does anyone know where the temperature sender unit is under the bonnet. This is the one for the outside temperature which shows up on the screen in the centre of the dashboard. It was working and now just shows a row of lines and degrees C but no temp, I am assuming it is a wire off or faulty sender unit. Also whether by coincidence or what I don't know but the switch by the gear lever for the deadlocks has also stopped working. It lights up when locked and the doors lock once I start moving but it will no longer allow me to unlock using the switch. Could this just be a fuse? If so where is the fuse box as the manual appears to be wrong?Hope some one can help, I know they are only minor things but annoying none the less.Cheersnick

Thanks, you're right found it now. Couldn't see how to take the mirror apart to check for loose wires and since I didn't expect ther to be loose wires due to the other fault I went for the next option try and reset the ECU. Tried everything, holding buttons, switches in at the same time as turning the ignition on and off rapidly, (this works on the multipla) no effect on the IDEA other than more glitches on the display. So went for the last option, disconect battery. Had to reset averything but all working perfectly again. You don't even need to remember the radio code as it is stored in the ECU.

Back