Technical Temp guage probs

Currently reading:
Technical Temp guage probs

shiftzz

Hi all I have a 2003 Motorhome and the temp guage and warning light has gone gaga. The sensors have been checked/replaced, no better.

The Instrument clustter has been taken off and any static removed 9as suggested on a Motorhome forum), worked for a short while.

Now, its not working at all, took it to a local Auto Electrician and they suspected that the Instrument cluster is faulty, they took it off and sent it to be repaired, the repaires could not fix it.

Bit the bullit and bought a new cluster from a dealer, a plug and play, again, it will not work. The garage has tried the old cluster in another Ducato and it does not work (temp), the new one does, but when they install in my van it does not.

Any sugegstions?

Dave

Your van is pre-canbus so there will be a actual bit of wire connecting sensor to temp gauge (probably via the ECU)

In the old pre-ECU days I use to check sensors out by shorting the connecting cable to earth (but I don't suppose that this is a good idea now:eek:) nevertheless as you have tried absolutely everything else I would be now looking for a fault in the wiring (or associated connectors) between sensor & ECU, especially if the fault was a bit intermittent to start with.

Edit: just re-read your post & realised the cluster was also faulty in another van so this seems to rule out a wiring problem in yours.

Last edited:
Back