Technical Td 100 Oil Thing!!!

Currently reading:
Technical Td 100 Oil Thing!!!

sparkz811

ANY HELP VERY MUCH APPRECIATED HERE ! MY WIFES MAREA EST HAS A VERY LARGE OIL LEAK COMING FROM FRONT LEFT HAND SIDE I THINK IT'S AN OIL PUMP BUT NOT WORKING ON MANY DERV ENGINES NOT 100% SURE .
THERE IS 2 PIPES GOING IN THEN AT THE SIDE (RIGHT) OIL FILTER .

HOW DO I CHANGE THE GASKET INBETWEEN A M8 TOLD ME I HAVE TO TAKE THE TB OFF AND ALOT OF THAT SIDE OF THE ENGINE TO GET TO IT BUT I DON'T HAVE ANY MANUALS /CD'S ECT ..

PLEASE HELP SHE'S NAGGING NOW :bang: :cry:

The manual (linked above) is for all mareas except the TD 100, but it has a lot of similarities with the TD 75 (which is in the manual).

There is an oil pump there. The two pipes are feed and return oil pipes to an oil radiator just off to the the left.

My engine also has a lot of surface oil build up in that area, but I am unable to see where it has come from. Also on yours you are unable to see where it is leaking from.

If it is not pouring oil out the best thing to do is to leave it alone. First thing I would do if I were you would be to thoughroughly clean the area, use fairy powerspray and a scrubbing brush.

It could be the crankshaft seal, and there's no way you're going to be fixing that.

Now having looked at mine further. I can see that the oil is definately coming from the bit the oil filter is screwed onto.

See if yours is the same, shine a torch to see if the oil is coming from underneath the timing belt rear cover i.e. is it coming from the main engine part or if it is clean there the oil is coming from the cylinder bit with the two pipes that the oil filter is screwed into.

Once you have thoroughly cleaned this thing, you will

a) Be able to see where the oil is coming from
b) be able to see the bolts that hold it together.

Should be an easy fix if that is where your leak is coming from.

The bravo links showed a 1928 (?) diesel engine and a JTD 100(?) engine. The JTD was similar but had some differences, the 1928 was quite different.

I'm only comparing the pdf pictures to my own engine.

Interestingly the 1910 TD75 manual refers to the manual for the TD100 and calls it document reference 506.763/02 so it does exist somewhere.

you need to establish exactly where the oil is coming from. Firstly, and most likely is simply a loose oil filter, they have to be screwed on tight. second possibility is the connections to the oil cooler. they are a push in type, held in by a small allen screw. there are o ring seals on these, and they may be tired and leaking. Third possibilty is the hoses themselves.
If there is a large amount of oil leaking, do not drive the car as there is a huge possibilty of seizing the engine..

Owen.

THANKS GUYS AFTER CLOSE INSPECTION THE OIL IS COMING QUITE QUICKLY FROM WHAT I CAN ONLY DISCRIBR AS ... LIKE A GASKET THAT JOINS THE MAIN OP TO WHERE THE OIL FILTER ATTACHES TO I HAVE REPLACED THE SEALS FOR THE 2 OIL PIPES AND CHANGED THE OIL +FILTER DONE VERY TIGHT BUT STILL COMES OUT ONLY WHEN ENGINE IS RUNNING .

THE CAR AINT GOIN ANYWHERE TILL IT'S FIXED (n)

I would need to see a photo, I can't see any gasket on my car in that area. And you really shouldn't tighten an oil filter very tightly that in it self will cause them to leak, they must only be done "hand tight"

Back