Technical tappets

Currently reading:
Technical tappets

Re: Rogue tappet or is it the cam

Well, I tried the deisel trick with the Cinq but, unfortunately, it has not done anything to quieten the number 8 tappet. The oil I used was 10w/40 semi synthetic.
Went to the scrapyard but only came across the old, fully adjustable rocker assembly and the adjustable hydraulic assembly in two different Cinq's.
So, I think I will have to strip down my original rocker assembly and see if the oilway is still blocked.
I am still concerned that the cam lobe on number 8 may be the problem. Is there any knowledge of this?
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

PS anyone need a couple of ex scrapyard rocker assemblies as above??

king jay said:
I am going to give Rallycinq's deisel tappet cure a go this weekend. The tappet noise has been getting progressively worse over the last couple of months on my daughter's 903 Cinq. It has not happened all of a sudden. I took off the rocker cover last weekend to have a look.
However, I am wondering if it's not so much the clogged up oilway but more the lobe on the camshaft that is the problem as No 8 tappet is very slack. Not enough to come adrift from the pushrod but not by a lot. The tappets are the later type with no adjustment. The other 7 tappets are a nice snug fit.
I managed to get the small circlip off number 8 and the round 'disk' type shim.. There was oil in the tappet so I am wondering if the problem is elsewhere.
Has anyone else had such a rogue tappet and what was the cause?
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Back