General taking backseats out

Currently reading:
General taking backseats out

Right the Bit where you ass sits

its 2x Allen key or torx bits they'll come out super easy

The backrest has

2x Torx bits on the bottom left and bottom right

they seize in as they are also in the wheel arch, i find that putting a little heat on those bolts on the outside makes the metal expand and release the clamp :)

The 2 at the top i believe are allen keys, which hold the quick collapse bar, i've never taken these out, and dont see why they need too

What is it your trying to accomplish?

Ziggy

okay thank you and i want them out, hate doing lifts and people getting in the back of my car.. dw anyways thanks :)

Jord

Find the bolts under the wheelarch, wire brush the exposed ends and spray with release agent. (Plus Gas or similar, not WD40) Leave the release agent to work for a few minutes, hours, or overnight, then undo them with little stress.

When the seats are out, put the bolts back in the holes. This will prevent water and muck off the wheels getting into the car. Check they do not protrude into the wheelarch too far, as they no longer pass through the seat brackets, so they do not foul anything underneath. You could put them in from underneath, so that they protect their own threads, but consider the risk of injury on the bolts sticking up inside. Coat them with copper grease before replacing them and if poss, cover the exposed ends under the car. You could replace them with shorter bolts of the correct thread, but don't lose the originals as you'll need them when you sell the car. Needs to be bolts, rubber or plastic bungs may not seal properly and will fall out.

Wait.........only just seen the reason :confused:

Let me get this straight, you want to remove backseats because you don't want to do lifts?????

Oh come on that stupid excuse to remove backseats........

:idea: Tell your friends/family whoever NO it's simple as that, it's called having a backbone....;)

Oh my, this has given me the giggles now:devil:

well i do want to take them out to make my car as light as it can be :devil:

May also be noisier as the seats do keep some noise out.

I'd do what Ziggy122 says I had trouble getting the rear seats out the donor car when I went to change mine bit of a stupid design to leave the bolts exposed in the arch if you ask me would've thought they would at least cover them to stop them getting road grim and rusted

A lovely idea, but covers cost a few pennies per hundred, and then labour to fit. Higher cost of production, not necessary, so it won't happen.

Back