General Tail lights

Currently reading:
General Tail lights

Mash668

Hi, I am trying to trace a tail light fault in a 2007 Ducato Swift Bolero. Does anyone happen to know the wiring colours that would be original to the chassis cab before Swift extended the loom to the rear lights. The problem is no o/s tail or top marker. All other lights working so not earth as that is common on each side. Just trying to chase the live for the tail light but it’s like a birds nest all just shoved up under the back end. Any advice, sarcastic, humorous or even helpful would be much appreciated.

Hi Mash668,

Provided that Fiat have used the designated colours, and if you have the hardware to accept a Windows CD, then I can recommend buying one for the X250 at under £4 on eBay. Alternatively free from downloads section, but it is a large compressed file with .rar extension. I bought a CD for my X244 vehicle several years ago, originaly for the electrical diagrams, but there very much more other info in the file/CD.

If following this suggestion, please note that the abbreviations for wiring colours are based on Italian. You will probably need a translation sheet. In order to provide an indication of what is available, I am attaching a pdf version of the similar diagram for the X244, and my colour code sheet. The text identifications on the diagram are my own additions. On the original file you need to scroll down the page for that and yet more info.

Attachments

• eLearn E2010 Side & Rear Lights.pdf
    85.2 KB · Views: 84
  • Fiat Wiring Colour Codes.pdf
    70.1 KB · Views: 98
Many thanks Communicator, I will be underneath the van later on today so fingers crossed.

From your comments, I suspect you may have access to the Swift wiring diagram (as opposed to the base vehicle), but if not, it can be found here:

Hi Hugh,
Thank you yes I have seen the sergeant wiring diagram. The fault appears to be before the add on wiring loom. There is no power at the y203 connector for the r/h, tail/top marker light (brown). Now need to find the original Fiat wire that sergeant would have taken feed from at the chassis cab lighting multi block.

Hi Hugh,
Thank you yes I have seen the sergeant wiring diagram. The fault appears to be before the add on wiring loom. There is no power at the y203 connector for the r/h, tail/top marker light (brown). Now need to find the original Fiat wire that sergeant would have taken feed from at the chassis cab lighting multi block.
On my Ducato the connection block is at the end of the original chassis on the nearside.

That seems to have been conventional for some time.

A perusal of pages 3.26 to 3.28 in the X/290 Converters and Upfitters manual which I posted in the Downloads/Ducato section here might help. Though it is somewhat newer than your year, it is quite forthcoming about the connector, its location and its wiring colours (though I would suspect these could have changed in the interim),

A perusal of pages 3.26 to 3.28 in the X/290 Converters and Upfitters manual which I posted in the Downloads/Ducato section here might help. Though it is somewhat newer than your year, it is quite forthcoming about the connector, its location and its wiring colours (though I would suspect these could have changed in the interim),

Sorry have only just seen your post. Thank you I will have a look through the link this evening.

Sorry have only just seen your post. Thank you I will have a look through the link this evening.
Thanks for pointing me to the download Hugh it has shown me the connector pins I need to test for live feed. Another job for the weekend after I have removed and fitted a new overcab window!

Back