Tuning T-jet turbo replacement problems!!

Currently reading:
Tuning T-jet turbo replacement problems!!

DH1995

Hello,

I am trying to change the turbo in my t-jet to an abarth one i bought, cannot remove a stubborn exhaust manifold heatshield bolt for the life of me. It is pretty much under the cat so you cant put anything on flat and to top it off it's pretty rounded off! (It was already but i have probably made it worse...) i have no idea what to do and am stuck completely! I have no idea how to remove this bolt even then it doesnt look as if the heatshield has an easy route out for the manifold bolts to be attenpted!

This whole process has been a complete nightmare so any help will be appreciated and the quicker the better!!

Regards,
Daniel.

weld a nut on to the bolt.
The a heat from the welding process will break the bond, and the new nut will make it easier to remove.

Sometimes some arc weld onto the bolt head will be enough. Make sure the ECU, alternator and battery are disconnected. It's all too easy for arc weld to upset electronics.

Use a six point socket. If it's got an internal chamfer, grind the end flat so you get maximum contact on the flats.

Back