Tuning T-jet RR results and query?

Currently reading:
Tuning T-jet RR results and query?

Steve-o_bc

Hey guys havnt been on alot but the other week me and a few mates went to get our cars rolling roaded. Now i know ive read on here before about 120bhp t-jets being more than 120 standard.
Now ive a 57 plate t-jet with a forge motorsport fmic, forge motorsport aliminum ic to tb pipe and a bmc panel filter. Its NOT mapped or chipped and still has the complete standard rusty exhaust system on.
My car came out with 135bhp and 203lb/ft torque. Im happy with that.

RR video

Now as for my query i was looking at abarth puntos on pistonheads. The lb/ft torque either matches the bhp or is below it like a civic for example. Where are these figures coming from?
Below is my RR printout

Attachments

• punto 1.4t.JPG
    punto 1.4t.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 61
Your torque readout looks very high, it's only meant to have 152 lbft (or 207nm) as standard. I can't see your small mods adding that much but perhaps the factory figures are very conservative???

I checked the maths at a few points on the graph as I wondered if the torque was miss-labled as lbft rather than nm, but the power/torque relationship is correct.

So where has the extra 35% come from? I see there is a correction factor of 1.15 applied, that might not be quite right but doesn't explain such a big difference. Hmm a mystery that realistically we can never solve, only guess at.

Torque (in lbft) = HP x 5252 divided by rpm

If it doesn't, someone (or something) is telling porkies.

The torque that's available there below 2,000rpm makes me very suspicious.
T-Jet Max torque is quoted from 1750rpm, so I would expect there to be torque before 2000 rpm

Other than that, somehow that graph is lying as there should not be that much of it based off known lb ft values they are meant to achieve!

Well everyone elses torque readings seemed fine tbh. Mine had 36,950 miles on it when done. Wouldnt make a difference what fuel, what i add to the fuel or (just before the video) spraying the intercooler with ice cold water?

Does it matter that gear they use to test bhp and torque as these ones go directly into 4th gear on all cars.

And as you can see they take the reading from the hubs, which is basically the wheels but more accurate. With the wheels and tyres basically play a huge part on your result, i.e. alloy size if not standard size, tyre pressure, tyre wear, type of tyre and also wheel alignment all play a part in your result.

Are the Punto T Jets fitted with a smaller charger than the 500 Abarth? Might explain the low down torque (and point to an easy genuine way to boost power)?

But I'm suspicious of rolling road days -- it's in the interest of the RR to flatter.

T-Jet has a VL37 turbo and an Abarth 500 has a VL36, abarth grande punto VL38 (hope that the right way round, correct me if not lol)

Back